Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What subjects to pass Leaving Cert?

• 15-06-2010 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine messed up the Business Studies exam today and is a little freaked out, he wants to know which subjects you need to pass the Leaving Cert overall? I thought it was English, Maths, Irish and French (foreign language) but I'm not sure. Can anyone say for definite?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Im semi-sure theres no amount of subjects you have to pass or any particular subjects. You can just get a leaving in 6/7 NGs

I'd say he just needs to check what his course requires.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

There is nothing you can fail to fail the leaving cert.

The judgments are made by colleges, e.g. entry requirements for arts generally stipulate a pass in English, Irish, and a modern language.
    Students must sit these and Math in their exams but failing any of them will not mean you have failed your exam.

Results in business may be required for business related courses, but a fail will not affect your friend in any other way so tell him not to worry!

Advertisement