Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embarassing but... French Letter Format

• 15-06-2010 6:55pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This seems obvious to most people, but I haven't revised French in ages and I don't know what the format of the letter is, either formal or informal. I mightn't even answer that question tomorrow but I don't want to lose easy marks for layout. Is there anywhere online that I can find it, both for formal and informal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Neither have I. 6 marks for the layout but its apparently easy to lose marks for spelling/grammar in the letter according to yer wan on countdown to 906.

I'm doing the diary. C'est plus facile :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I will avoid the question if I can help it, but if the part (a) of the question is horrible I don't want to limit myself.

Is this the format for informal?
    Town, Date (to the right -> of the page)
    Cher x (to the left)
    start letter underneath comma after x's name
    Sign off after letter, in line with the date on the right? (well that's how it's done in English).

What is it for the formal?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭sKepTics_George

It looks about right,
    I came on this for help with my French and this is all I get ?
    what went wrong Boards ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

This thread, from last year, was really helpful for me.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055578349

Beware about learning off phrases that may have accents etc. missing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Your Name
    Your Address
    Date
    Receiver's Name
    Their Address

• Advertisement
Advertisement