Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Regs

• 15-06-2010 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭

Buying a new set of regs and would like some reccomendations. Was looking at Scubapro MK25 / S600 with R295 Octo, but at 540sterling on deepbluedive they're a little on the pricey side! Most of my diving is done in Ireland, and I neither want to bust lungs trying to get a breath out of my tank nor break the bank! I don't ask for much! :)

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Sean

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

Check:

http://www.divegear.ie

32 regs in all, incl Scubapros

Seadeuce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

Any makes/models in particular you would reccomend though Seadeuce?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

Rather than my opinion you should take a look at the gear reviews on

http://www.divernet.com

and see what best takes your fancy.

Check the reviews for the ones on sale. For Irish waters you would want to have the first stage environmentally sealed. Gives you the option of diving freshwater in winter, such as Portroe.

Personally, I wouldn't touch Oceanic, have seen their best fail - twice!

Seadeuce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

Bust a lung???

What sort of diving you doing?
    I was definitely not a fan of Oceanic, but have been using their lowest end regs (can't think of name) but am impressed.

MK2 R295 and Octo for 295 in Oceanlife in Kilkee.

I used the MK2 for years and it is a workhorse reg. It is a piston first stage but I found it brilliant. No problems at depth and never had any problems with it.

I did most of my diving with a Mares Mr22 Abyss and to be honest I have found the air delivery between the higher end and lower ends to be marginal.......

I'd go with the Mk2s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Been with Apex since I started diving 11 years ago now, great breathe, they excel in cold water, unlike Scubapro's regs (that also give a gorgeous easy breathe) that are succeptible<sp?> to free flows at depth in cold water!

Using the XTX 200 (Tungsten First Stage) for the past while. Super reg.

• Advertisement
Advertisement