Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat LC.

• 15-06-2010 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

is it possible to repeat LC in full time and get some kind of social payment from social welfare ? one guy told me he's going to go for job seekers alowance or somethin and repeat in private school ... is it even possible ?please help me with my options.. i live with my parents but they don't give money.. almost at all like ... any suggestions? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

I tried this. They don't give you money.

Might be because I'm a paki though. With no Irish passport. Also lived here since I was 7. I'm 20 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Areq

so what would be best thing to do ..
    I don't think that parents are going to support me next year ..
    maybe exept the accomodation part .. heh..
    Any idea on grands or somethin ? Btw . im not Irish . I live in Ireland since 2005/2006 ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

Areq wrote: »
    so what would be best thing to do ..
    I don't think that parents are going to support me next year ..
    maybe exept the accomodation part .. heh..
    Any idea on grands or somethin ? Btw . im not Irish . I live in Ireland since 2005/2006 ..
    Were did you go to school?
    Private or public school?
    ANd are you an EU citizen?

I think you may be eligible for a grant... The application forms are out now, my advice to you is to print 'em out, fill 'em out and get 'em in. Thats if your eligible. Have a look at the forms and that. Heres the link:http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp7232/maintenance-grant/index.html

fufureida wrote: »
    I tried this. They don't give you money.

Might be because I'm a paki though. With no Irish passport. Also lived here since I was 7. I'm 20 now.
    You've been here since you were 7 and you still haven't given you an Irish passport?
    And your parents obviously been working yeah?
    You guys probably contributed more then most people out there, you deserve the passport...
    They really should give grants and that to people like you...

ye im EU citizen , i didn't go to private school at all . <snip>Do not name your school here</snip>
    So the grant is the only help that i might get at all , is that it ?

• Advertisement

ye im EU citizen , i didn't go to private school at all .
    So the grant is the only help that i might get at all , is that it ?
    Have a look at the link and see if you are eligible for the grant.

As for any other money, haha forigve me, but would you not be able to draw social welfare from the country your from? I think you can, I'm not sure, like maybe you can if you really need it and you are studying.

Check out http://www.studentfinance.ie and see if you can get any social from here.

Man i tried .. it's not gonna work out ..
    anyway , thx.

Man i tried .. it's not gonna work out ..
    anyway , thx.
    No probs best of luck, maybe you can get the grant.

One more thing ..
    I found that http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp7237/back-to-education-allowance/index.html

what you guys think ? if i got the Jobseeker's Allowance after the holidays and then went on to that one there . For me it makes some sense , like i could maybe go to institute of education while reciving that one so it might cover up the costs . . .
    but ioe mentioned above is very expencive , could anyone suggest any good secondary school that does the repeat year in dublin , other than the ioe . But i mean GooD not "good" school, especially i need biology and chemistry teacher . Some good one . xd Thanks for any suggestions .:pac: @ @

One more thing ..
    I found that http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp7237/back-to-education-allowance/index.html

what you guys think ? if i got the Jobseeker's Allowance after the holidays and then went on to that one there . For me it makes some sense , like i could maybe go to institute of education while reciving that one so it might cover up the costs . . .
    but ioe mentioned above is very expencive , could anyone suggest any good secondary school that does the repeat year in dublin , other than the ioe . But i mean GooD not "good" school, especially i need biology and chemistry teacher . Some good one . xd Thanks for any suggestions .:pac: @ @

Not really sure about the grant thing but one excellent school I can recommend to repeat is Marian College in Ballsbridge. Very good, friendly school and they have excellent teachers, and you don't have to wear a uniform if you are repeating. Fee is 600 euro as far as I know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement