Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAR40K: Dark Millennium Online gets in game video

Options
  • 15-06-2010 7:58pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/64313

Seems to suggest playable marines, orks and Adeptus Mechanicus at least. Plus ridable bikes and deff koptas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

It looks nice, and the very short gameplay parts seems to indicate a free, 3rd person camera shooting style. So no "click enemy, wait till they die" gameplay.....well I hope so anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Kinda hard to tell from that. You only really see one very brief snippit of shooting.

On the other hand, it's 40k, so unless its completely dire I'll be there in my spikey power armour anyway :D

Edit - looking at the clip in fullscreen, there does appear to be some kind of targeting circle where the Marine is shooting, so there may actually be a degree of aiming in it. Maybe something like how Global Agenda plays?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Spear wrote: »
    http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/64313

Seems to suggest playable marines, orks and Adeptus Mechanicus at least. Plus ridable bikes and deff koptas.

Some Chaos Marines riding bikes shown as well :)

http://www.darkmillenniumonline.com/

"On the very edge of the galaxy lies the Sargos Sector. For centuries it was rendered uninhabitable and isolated by volatile Warp Storms. Even now, deep within the sector the very fabric of reality is unraveling. Only the ancient Sentinel Devices hold the Warp at bay.

But the ravages of time and meddling of humanity have weakened the Sentinel Devices-and now, the battle for these lost worlds is at hand. Drawn to the conflict, the great races of the galaxy descend upon the Sargos Sector, seeking to preserve reality-or to tear it asunder.

Side with the forces of Order, or the vile hosts of Destruction, in a war that will unlock ancient secrets, reveal dark purposes, and determine the fate of the Sargos Sector. For in this dark millennium, there is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter."

Not happy with the forces of Order or hosts of Destruction talk :( Seems way to much like Warhammer Online to me and that sucked as MMO's go.

Well, let's hope they're learned the bad from WAR, and don't repeat those mistakes.

They may be having to keep things simple (so far) for those not familiar with the 40k universe. I'll hold judgment til I get more of an idea how things are working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Necron99

From the trailer and the leaked info last year from THQ they might be going with a Planetside style model for the game. 3 Factions battleing it out for control of the sector. Infantry - Vehicles & Air combat.
    FPS/RPG

If this is the case I'll be loving it. Planetside was one of the best FPSs' I've ever played... well that was until SOE did what it always does and ruins things. :pac:

Damn you SOE damn you to heck! ;)

From the leaked info back in March (thats looking more and more true withevery announcement) theres gonna be 4 playable races (SM, CSM, Ork, Eldar) and the Tyranids as an NPC faction to basically f**k over all the players every now and then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

From the (very) brief gameplay shot, i think it looks good. I dont think another standard Wow style mmo will work with this, as Warhammer Online would be too similar. Give me a Planetside, PvP game set in the Warhammer universe and i'll be a very happy man.
    Gunmonkey wrote: »
    From the leaked info back in March (thats looking more and more true withevery announcement) theres gonna be 4 playable races (SM, CSM, Ork, Eldar) and the Tyranids as an NPC faction to basically f**k over all the players every now and then.

I'd love this. Having a 4 way battle for a city/outpost, only for a massive swarm of Tyranids to come in and bitch slap everyone. And its not like other universe's, where they'd team up to fight off the enemy. They'd still be quite happily killing each other.

Seconded. Planetside was my first MMO, and if there is any setting that could do eternal, plotless violence, it's 40k :D

A small interview, and a little more info

http://www.massively.com/2010/06/17/e3-2010-interview-with-warhammer-40ks-mark-downie/
    So what about a time frame for release?

Mark: I should qualify this by saying our primary goal is getting the game right. THQ fully supports us in this regard, and isn't breathing down our necks saying, "You must ship by a certain date!" They are nurturing this project and we are true to this project so that when we deliver it, it will be everything we want it to be and the community wants it to be.

With that in mind, we're shooting for right now to have the game shipped by the end of Quarter 1 of 2013.

*le sigh*

I guess it's better to have it done right, rather than fast, but I was hoping for something a bit sooner than that.

• Advertisement

2013? Sure the world will have ended by that stage :(

Well, the apocalypse will just have to be delayed then.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭nin2010

Well, the apocalypse will just have to be delayed then.

Tell that to the zombies....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

nin2010 wrote: »
    Tell that to the zombies....

I for one welcome our new zombie overlords.

Anyone for some freshly picked brain?

A small interview, and a little more info

http://www.massively.com/2010/06/17/e3-2010-interview-with-warhammer-40ks-mark-downie/

"So what about a time frame for release?

Mark: I should qualify this by saying our primary goal is getting the game right. THQ fully supports us in this regard, and isn't breathing down our necks saying, "You must ship by a certain date!" They are nurturing this project and we are true to this project so that when we deliver it, it will be everything we want it to be and the community wants it to be.

With that in mind, we're shooting for right now to have the game shipped by the end of Quarter 1 of 2013."

*le sigh*

I guess it's better to have it done right, rather than fast, but I was hoping for something a bit sooner than that.

Yeah right :rolleyes:

How many times have we heard devs claim the sacred "released when its ready line" and each time a complete piece of crap gets rushed out the door. Unless the developer is Blizzard or Bioware, I just don't believe it.

Venom wrote: »
    Yeah right :rolleyes:

How many times have we heard devs claim the sacred "released when its ready line" and each time a complete piece of crap gets rushed out the door.

Two game names to bear in mind; neither by either blizzard or bioware;

Daikatana. Duke Nukem 3D ;)

Lemming wrote: »
    Two game names to bear in mind; neither by either blizzard or bioware;

Daikatana. Duke Nukem 3D ;)

Well Diakatana was utter bollocks for sure but DN3D just appeared, never remember any hype before hand.

Unless you mean DN Forever ;)

Venom wrote: »
    Unless you mean DN Forever ;)

Foreva I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Any ideas yet what the gameplay will be like? Will it be generic, tab - 1 2 3 4 type of pvp or will there be elements of FPS aiming like in Darkfall or something

Well, from the very, very brief bit of what i assumed was gameplay in the video above (around the 39 second mark), its looks like a third person shooter. Which i think would be great. As long as its not the usual crap, with a well known universe stuck on.

• Advertisement

New vid and pictures of the first playable race in Dark Millenium Online

The Imperium of Man (no surprises there then)

http://www.massively.com/2010/08/20/new-war40k-trailer-introduces-first-playable-race/

http://www.massively.com/photos/warhammer-40k-the-imperium-of-man/full/#3282956

The video mentions Marines, IG and Tech Priests, and one of those
    pictures looks like an Inquisitor to me at least.

2 of them are Inquisitors I think, the guy with the shotgun and the guy in white robes (looks too not beat-down for a sanctioned psyker, powers are too "Chaoticy" for a Ecclesiary character).

Also, been mention in interviews of Space Marines not playable from the off, so you either unlock them or start as a Scout and work up to a marine. kinda nice there wont be 1,000,000's of lvl 1 Marines named "Loman Russ" "Lemun Russ" Lemon Russ" etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shuggana

Playing as Imperial Guardsmen. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I'll take 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Cant say im one for trying out all the new games that hit the shops, ive only bought WoW, WAR and Halflife 2 in the last five years. But this game is looking like my next buy, mind you 2013 is a bit to wait :rolleyes:.

Little bit more info here and there

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-10-dark-millennium/705949

Multiple worlds, with multiple zones in each world.
    Battlegrounds with multiplayer vehicles (1 driver, 3 gunners type thing)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I want the Squats to be in this!

I think they've pretty much been written out of existance. I think the Tyranids ate them or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yep. I'm the kiss of death to armies in the Warhammer Universe. My first, and main, 40k army was Squats and my main WFB army was Chaos Dwarfs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,385 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/29/thq-lays-off-118-at-relic-vigil-as-warhammer-40k-mmo-dark-millenium-goes-single-player/

Looks like it's not going to be a proper MMO after all. Pity.

And when I say "pity" i mean, "well **** that anyways".

Advertisement