Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAR40K: Dark Millennium Online gets in game video

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Yeah, I saw that yesterday.

My interest in this has taken a nose dive. If I wanted Space Marine, I'd have bought Space Marine. I wanted an MMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Kinda sad for no 40k MMO in the forseeable future, but glad since the early sounds out of Vigil was trying to emulate WoW.

Hopefully a few years and the presence of games like Planetside 2 and the EVE/Dust514 scope will make any future devs on a 40k MMO think outside "Go kill 20 Orks and bring their spleens to me"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There's a part of me that's not gutted cause I really wanted a sequel to Space Marine which they said wasn't going to happen cause the team was focused on Dark Millenium.

Sorry to hear the news though in general. Relic and Vigil do pretty good work and I think have been very good with the 40k universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Rather disappointed by this, I'll probably end up picking the game up anyway because Relic have done wonders with the 40K licence but I think it's also a really bad decision to keep this going forward under the name Dark Millennium. Anyone who was looking forward to this solely as an MMO will automatically zone out, and those who zoned out specifically because it was an MMO won't have it on their radar any more. Better to create an entirely new project name and then import the usable material from DM and let it generate its own following from there.

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

Shame I was looking forward to a 40k mmo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement