Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any point doing more questions than asked?

• 15-06-2010 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Will they mark the Best ones or only the first number needed (asked for)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

they have to mark absolutely everything you do, but they will only use your best questions to give you a percentage :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

They'll mark them all and disallow the worst ones, so in effect your best ones will be counted.

You didn't specify the exam. If it's history or French, I wouldn't do any extra questions but make sure the ones that you do are as good as they can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭lucybrown

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

osealy wrote: »

I marked French for the last two yrs.

You are way better-off doing 3 good questions than doing extra ones...and it makes the life of the examiner much easier too !! lol. Yes we have to mark ALL work but you the best marks are picked

Bonne chance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

They always take your best ones, I did two extra questions in math just in case i'd made some disastrous mistakes somewhere.
    At the same time i would never do it in an essay based exam because the likelihood is the time you would take to answer a question would be far better spent improving other ones, timing is tight in exams such as these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

osealy wrote: »

They will count your best questions, it is good to do it in ones like Biology, Physics, and ones where youre ok for time, but it would be hard in English, French, History etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭EvilLlamaThingy

Depends on the exam and the timing imo. For French tomorrow I probably will be doing an extra one, purely because I won't need the full time for the exam. It's better then just sitting there or leaving early (Under the assumption I've checked everything multiple times and have fixed/improved as much as I can)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

They always take your best ones, I did two extra questions in math just in case i'd made some disastrous mistakes somewhere.
    At the same time i would never do it in an essay based exam because the likelihood is the time you would take to answer a question would be far better spent improving other ones, timing is tight in exams such as these.

Well-said!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Viva La Cozzy

in ordinary french i'd advise doing both the cloze test and the form, as there both very easy and don't take long, there's always the possibility that you'll do better in one than how you planned to do in the other

Advertisement