Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tournament Mode?

Options
  • 15-06-2010 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

So tournament mode is out now as free DLC on both PS3 & Xbox.

Haven't played it yet, any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

My new house has an awful awful net connection. No more online for me unless we get a new connection put in.
    Tis a shame. Was looking forward to trying out Tourney mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Played three tournaments earlier today. Won the first one. Put out in the second (second round) by a better player and put out in the third due to a really laggy second round game.

Overall I'm impressed with it so far. There's seems to be a lot more B rank and up players participating which I'm definately enjoying. I forsee this being my main online mode for some time to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Played a good few today. A few pros and cons with it.

Since theres no ranking system i dont see much of a pull to it as for the majority of the time your looking at other peoples matches (which mostly there pretty bad with the exception of the odd one or two) and theres no "here you go for your efforts" if you win. I dont know if anyones come across it yet but nearly every tourney ive done people have quite clearly counter picked once the first round is over. Personally this ticks me off, i dont see the point, your never gona learn the match up if thats the case. I suppose winning is more important than having fun for most XBL players...turds...
    Dont like the the way theres no system for grading ppl either. I like playing more skilled players as it'll improve my game but getting trounced by a ryu that has over 10000bp and 6/7000 pp doesnt teach me much, i just get frustrated. (I only have like 2000pp/bp :()

The GOOD! Playing more skilled players haha. When your not gettin your ass handed to you you can learn a good deal. Id think this is good crack with friends too as you'd see their fights and be able to give them feedback etc, plus the shinadigans :pac: And as for myself i havent had match deciding/annoying lag...yet.

Tbh i think ill play it mostly if friends are playin it, prob stick to ranked for progressively getting less sh*te :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

:D
    Sisko wrote: »
    had a bit of craic playing it today with some fellow irish players but yeah. The music btw is the main credits track. Which I think is alright.

But yeah its nothing massive tbh. Being in a room full of really good players might be alright practice though with the whole watching waiting then only having one round to play your best thing.

Something I have a lot of trouble with myself as I'm used to having a stream of matches before I'm in the zone and start playing at my best.

However another note is after the patch I noticed I can now see what people on my friends list are doing , in other words in training mode or watching replays or whatever. PSN didnt have this before and I missed it from playing on GFWL. Unfortunately, you still can't select a friend whos say, in a endless battle and join him. You can still only join lobbies by selecting invites. But at least I now know he;s in endless battle and can ask for an inv etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

:D

However another note is after the patch I noticed I can now see what people on my friends list are doing , in other words in training mode or watching replays or whatever. PSN didnt have this before and I missed it from playing on GFWL. Unfortunately, you still can't select a friend whos say, in a endless battle and join him. You can still only join lobbies by selecting invites. But at least I now know he;s in endless battle and can ask for an inv etc.
    Get an Xbox....

PS: I saw the Ps3 version for €20 in xtra vision and am sorely tempted.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I'm not buying a 2nd console and falling for a monthly fee on a game I already have and hope to buy again for PC :p

Do give into temptation however, I actually had a nice fun session against a vega today.

Would be great to have yourself on PSN to play. Need to learn that matchup with all characters. So many times during the fights did I shout out 'WTF DO I DO??????" as vega launched at me with seemingly impossible to block, counter, and avoid special moves. :o

Funnilly enough after our session the vega player messaged me saying 'nice ibuki bla bla bla you seem good against vega you knew a lot of my tricks'

I was like, wtf? Once vega leaves the ground I'm clueless :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Just like team battle, it sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

If the rounds could all be played at the same time, it'd have been more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Would be great to have yourself on PSN to play. Need to learn that matchup with all characters. So many times during the fights did I shout out 'WTF DO I DO??????" as vega launched at me with seemingly impossible to block, counter, and avoid special moves. :o
    Send me an invite next time you see me playing SSF4. You can get some practice against my vega....i am half decent...i think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I have a 30mb connection and its laggy as a girl in a clothes shop like others have said, endless is much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Tournament mode is crap, should have had simultaneous games instead of watching each and every one. Tried one tournament, made it to the finals and then the other semi-finals lagged out and tournament just ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i cant find it
    i downloaded it, said its in when i start game but its now here to be found?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Placebo wrote: »
    i cant find it
    i downloaded it, said its in when i start game but its now here to be found?

Its in the xbox live section. Did you download it from the marketplace?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I'd say you just downloaded an update, you have to go into the marketplace and download is specifically - or at least I did anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Live Battles and its the fourth one down.

Advertisement