Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many bikes do you have?

• 15-06-2010 8:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭

I had two for the past 3 years as I had no other form of transport and a 80k commute to work. I kept a spare so I would still be mobile if one was ill. I made this decision when I got a punture one firday night and did not get back into work until the following Wednesday, I needed a new tube, it wasn't in stock and the sgop was closed on Monday so I only got the bike back on the Tuesday.

So that's the history, anyway I was having significant electrical isuses with my KLE which has being around the clock 1.75 times and its only 6 years old, and excausht problems with my Transalp. So I thought at least one if not both was on the way out, I had the cash to buy a new bike, but with the mileage I do 600-1000 km a week. I wasn't too interested in going for a new bike again, I ended up picking up a CB500 Sport, then my mecanhic brought my other two back to life.

In the mean time, I got the offer of a 01 SV650 with very low mileage and a very good price, it would have being silly not to take the option it was that good a deal. So now I have 4 bikes, My plan is to park the SV off side, using once a week or so which I head into my local town. My theory being it will be there for me when one of the others dies.

So sorry about the life history for a simple question:) but how many bike do you have?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Rather not say....scum-bags have computers these days and its not hard to find someones address ........I've given up trusting people....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

I've owned at one stage or another 10 scooters in the past 7 years since I first started riding but the fleet is down to just 2 at the moment. They are both modern Vespa PX200s, and as you say 2 bikes is handy in case something goes wrong with one of them. I do very low miles though annually.

Biking beats collecting guitars and synths...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Tomohawk wrote: »
    I've owned at one stage or another 10 scooters in the past 7 years since I first started riding but the fleet is down to just 2 at the moment. They are both modern Vespa PX200s, and as you say 2 bikes is handy in case something goes wrong with one of them. I do very low miles though annually.

Biking beats collecting guitars and synths...

Actually interesting you said that, my mates and my brother had scooters when I was younger. I was alway a pillion at that time, if I was to go for number 5 it would be a vespa, 150 super sprint or older type 200px. I do plan on picking one up at some stage as I have a very specific plan for a custom job on one that has been in the back of my mind for years.

Sids Not wrote: »
    Rather not say....scum-bags have computers these days and its not hard to find someones address ........I've given up trusting people....:mad:

That's why I don't hide the fact that I have a shotgun either amongst other items;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

sold one earlier so im down to 2, will have a 172 shortly though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Most ever was nine, (All Brit)

Now down to just 6

2 x Oil cooled Gixr 750's 2 x Honda Bros and 2 x WW2 BSA M20's though only one of each breed is road worthy.

Most ever was nine, (All Brit)

Now down to just 6

2 x Oil cooled Gixr 750's 2 x Honda Bros and 2 x WW2 BSA M20's though only one of each breed is road worthy.

Nice collection you have there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

i have 2 insured at the moment and also have another 3 bikes that wudnt be road legal on technicalitys :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

2 A blackbird, and a suziki 50cc scooter.The scooter is more frightening to drive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Just my CB400 at the moment, hoping to upgrade to something with a bit more oomph soon though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Blackbird & GSX1400

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

The most I've ever had was four, now down to one.

I tried to buy another one recently but it didn't last a day. What is it with secondhand bikes in this country. They're all in bit regardless of who sells them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,365 ✭✭✭bladespin

3 at the moment, the mrs wants to kill me :cool:

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭TheCityManager

CBR600 & Blackbird

Just the MT at the moment. I'd love to get a second bike but just can't afford it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

no room for another bike - but have my eye on a 2nd (or 3rd, 4th...)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Have my eye on a couple of Firestorms ATM, head says no, hearts say FVVVVCKKK YES!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

I got 4 at the moment, GSXR750K7, Ducati 998s, GPZ600R, Fantic 249 trials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Hayabusa,Blackbird etc and a 500 learner legal bike to teach on also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I had 3 at 1 stage last year.Ducati 996,Honda SP1 and Suzuki SV1000

Only have the 996 left now,as I now have a house and family to look after now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

A Sinnis Stealth 125 and a Ural Dalesman (750cc) with sidecar.

Advertisement