Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feuds and waterford .....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not near me! (no empty properties on my road thank goodness).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

If rumour is correct then god help Ferrybank.

One lot gone the other lot to go by Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭deiseman21

which estate in ferrybank please?

deiseman21 wrote: »
    which estate in ferrybank please?

Not sure, the landlord of next door wasn't sure, he just wanted them gone, it could be Belmont Heights but don't know for sure, will find out on Monday. The adult male is still next door and will be moving tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

deisemum wrote: »
    Not sure the landlord of next door wasn't sure, he just wanted them gone, it could be Belmont Heights but don't know for sure, will find out on Monday. The adult male is still next door and will be moving tomorrow.

Sounds like your describing racoons or somthing :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Sounds like your describing racoons or somthing :pac:

well they would make an interesting wildlife study....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,691 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Its an interesting point though, what do you do with troublemakers in public housing? Should they be moved to another estate to continue creating problems? Or should they be left to fend for themselves and give the accommodation to someone else who needs it? Maybe 2 strikes and you're out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd simply move them to an unsold house in the middle of nowhere, plenty of them about these days.

looksee wrote: »
    Its an interesting point though, what do you do with troublemakers in public housing? Should they be moved to another estate to continue creating problems? Or should they be left to fend for themselves and give the accommodation to someone else who needs it? Maybe 2 strikes and you're out?

These people have been run out of so many places including Respond housing, houses in other towns outside Waterford city as well as in the city as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

If it where me I'd give them all the help I could once and if your evicted I don't care if your penniless, 10 kids and carrying a litter you should have thought of it before you cause so much hassle.

Or just give them a week ban :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

These people have been run out of so many places including Respond housing, houses in other towns outside Waterford city as well as in the city as well.

It is typically how the public sector deal with problems - move it around, so that someone else will deal with it.

These 2 families are a prime example of when given something for nothing they do not appreciate it. Both houses were lovely houses, done out really nice and they had the rent paid for them plus all the benefits going and were topped up by the SVP plus all the money from their illicit going ons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

These 2 families are a prime example of when given something for nothing they do not appreciate it. Both houses were lovely houses, done out really nice and they had the rent paid for them plus all the benefits going and were topped up by the SVP plus all the money from their illicit going ons.

Are they well known names :confused: pm if dont want to post names here will ya..... friend of mine lives in ferrybank im sure he will not be happy if they moved in near him .... big place ferrybank tho , maybe they will move them in next door to gardai`s place :D

jo06555 wrote: »
    Are they well known names :confused: pm if dont want to post names here will ya..... friend of mine lives in ferrybank im sure he will not be happy if they moved in near him .... big place ferrybank tho , maybe they will move them in next door to gardai`s place :D

They're well known to the gardai, social services, animal welfare etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Yes Boss wrote: »
    It is typically how the public sector deal with problems - move it around, so that someone else will deal with it.
    And so how does the private sector deal with it :rolleyes:
    Funny how you even try blame scumbags on the public sector.
    looksee wrote: »

I say put all the trouble makers on the Blasket Islands. Maybe helicopter drop them some fish heads once a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

dayshah wrote: »
    And so how does the private sector deal with it :rolleyes:
    Funny how you even try blame scumbags on the public sector.

The Public sector including the Gardaí, Local Authority and Social Services, have pussy footed around these people for years, pandering to their every need and not the needs of the public that they inflict!!

You only have to look at reports into the Social Services about youths that have died on their watch due to being moved from one department to the next, just to get rid of them (off their desk). Read some of the previous posts where the Gardaí have told people who have complained to leave well enough alone just in case these people cause them more harm. If you feel that the public sector are doing everything in their power to protect the public to which they serve then you are obviously mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

It doesn't look like they crossed the river. I think the landlord of the crowd that WERE next door is in cohoots with them and didn't want to say.

The other lot have to be out tomorrow but I don't think they're going too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Would be good to let people know which area these people move to so they can take action straight away if they move in there and carry on the same way.

The council should be hung out to dry in the media for moving known trouble makers into what are considered quiet communities.

There also needs to be a proper process in place when the council do move these people in that the community have some sort of council officer that they can contact straight away about any issues and these families are given a couple of warnings and if they do not improve they need to be moved to somewhere that they can not interact with anyone!

The council told me that even though they house them the buck stops with the landlord and in the case of the house opposite it was the landlord that personally placed these people.

As soon as I know where they've moved to I'll post it plus I'll pass on any background info that I have on them.

• Advertisement

The council told me that even though they house them the buck stops with the landlord and in the case of the house opposite it was the landlord that personally placed these people.

Typical hand washing by the council!

If they are paying to house these people then it is them that are responsible because if they dont pay the rent then those people do NOT live there!

Something is very rotten in Ireland if councils have the attitude that it is not their problem!

What needs to happen is they can move these people in next door to the council members and then lets see how that goes!

reni10 wrote: »
    Typical hand washing by the council!

If they are paying to house these people then it is them that are responsible because if they dont pay the rent then those people do NOT live there!

Something is very rotten in Ireland if councils have the attitude that it is not their problem!

What needs to happen is they can move these people in next door to the council members and then lets see how that goes!

I agree. The TD's tenants are meant to be out by midnight tonight but they're still there. Then again they only seem to move under the cover of darkness. Another night wasted watching out for our property.

Alleluia the scumbags are gone. Landlord arrived with a locksmith at midnight are the locks are being changed at the moment. They have to contact the landlord when they want to collect their suite.

Hopefully we'll have some peace again and we can get on with our lives without having to keep a look out all the time.

Alleluia the scumbags are gone.

Very happy for you!!!

Now they are probably moved and will cause hassle to some other people in another estate though!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kittymiss

reni10 wrote: »
    Very happy for you!!!

Now they are probably moved and will cause hassle to some other people in another estate though!

so true not gone but moved on.........i suppose its common knowlege what went on over in lismo pk last week with a couple of nasty shannonside gangsters now seemingly living /hiding out in waterford or were they rehoused down here?involved a violent beatin and a roding out of a car ,just cause they were refused entry to a session???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

^ I didn't hear of anything, was it in the papers or anything like that? but thankfully me, Mrs Ziedth and our many Cats are a world away from all of that these days. Alrough some good sessions were had up that way.

I'm delighted to hear that diesemum.

When I know where they've moved to I'll let ye know.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jad2007

Loads of Garda activity on Cork road last night with E.R.U and the army, according to Breaking news

"Army bomb disposal experts have made safe an improvised explosive device discovered in Waterford.

The team was deployed to a location on the Dungarvan Road, two miles from Waterford city centre following a request by gardaí just after 11pm last night.

No controlled explosion was carried out.

The scene was declared safe at 4am today2.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

jad2007 wrote: »
    Loads of Garda activity on Cork road last night with E.R.U and the army, according to Breaking news

Just to give a source link and remove the black text :)

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/bomb-disposal-experts-called-in-after-discovery-of-waterford-device-477926.html
    Army bomb disposal experts have made safe an improvised explosive device discovered in Waterford.

The team was deployed to a location on the Dungarvan Road, two miles from Waterford city centre following a request by gardaí just after 11pm last night.

No controlled explosion was carried out.

The scene was declared safe at 4am today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

heavy eru presence round the courthouse past few days
    seen the gangs were moved outside the railings today looked like it could kick off any minute ,wonder will the local rags carry the story nxt week....

Advertisement