Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tunisian orange cake- darinas

Options
  • 15-06-2010 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Ive now made this cake twice and both times its dropped in the middle!!
    its still yum but its annoying me- what am I doing wrong?
    Has anyone made it before? its from the ballymaloe cookery course book p448.

Im using all the correct ingredients apart from the baking powder which ive substituted bread soda and bextartar.

Any ideas?:confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

If it's dropping in the middle that would normally suggest it's not baked through, you should check the temperature of your oven to see if it's accurate, if it is then possibly leave it in the oven for a few minutes longer, do you have a cake tester? Or any pointy narrow thing to check it with.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

its a funny one it goes into a cold oven and then is set to 180, it needs 45mins to an hr- or until golden, first time around i gave it 45 it was golden so i inserted a skewer to check and it dropped within seconds so I thought it needs more time it just hadnt set- so i gave it a full hour and although the skewer was clean, it was well golden it still dropped as soon as it was out of the oven!!

Advertisement