Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog poo disposal

Options
  • 15-06-2010 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi folks

Just wanted to check what method some of you use??
    I layed my slabs with this in mind and buried two pipes,One six inches and one 12 inches wide.I put the smaller pipe into the bigger and packed it up so as it floated in the middle and drilled varying size holes in both.
    I then buried it in large stones and topped with smaller ones,then sand.
    I wash the slabs down regular and disinfect every 2 or 3 days??

I have been told that this is illegal!!
    That I should just put it in the waste bin but as far as I no your not allowed do that either???:confused::confused:

Whats the rest of ye doing with yours???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Into a poo bag and then into the black bin. The dog warden told us this was fine to put into the black bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

darrenon wrote: »
    Hi folks

Just wanted to check what method some of you use??
    I layed my slabs with this in mind and buried two pipes,One six inches and one 12 inches wide.I put the smaller pipe into the bigger and packed it up so as it floated in the middle and drilled varying size holes in both.
    I then buried it in large stones and topped with smaller ones,then sand.
    I wash the slabs down regular and disinfect every 2 or 3 days??

I have been told that this is illegal!!
    That I should just put it in the waste bin but as far as I no your not allowed do that either???:confused::confused:

Whats the rest of ye doing with yours???

I don't think that it would be illegal, as it sounds very similar to the green poo bins you can buy in pet shops that you bury and then put small stones around. They are solid at the bottom, but with holes from about the middle up, you put the poo and chemicals in the bottom and then as it disintegrates, the liquid comes out and into the surrounding ground. Yours sounds like a fantastic home made job.:D

This thread reminds me of that movie Envy where they invent Va-poo-rize to spray on the poops and they disappear! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I scoop it with a shovel and chuck it somewhere else in the garden but we've got a very big garden. You could get a small plastic bin with a lid and line it with a bin liner and then empty the poo in there and every other week tie it up and empty it into your regular household waste bin.

Or if you have access to an outside drain where the toilet water goes you could scoop the poop and place it directly into the drain. Just using the pipes you laid to help drain off the water and wee.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I was advised once simply to put it in the loo and flush it; this was in the Uk when being reprimanded for putting it in the bin,, oh that was cat poo.

• Advertisement

You could get a small plastic bin with a lid and line it with a bin liner and then empty the poo in there and every other week tie it up and empty it into your regular household waste bin.

LOL I'll have to take a pic tomorrow to do it justice but we have a cutsey finding nemo bucket hanging out of a light on the fence that we use to collect the bagged poops and empty when it starts to fill. It just seems so wrong that Nemo & Co are smiling on the outside of the bucket when you think of whats inside! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Graces7 wrote: »
    I was advised once simply to put it in the loo and flush it

Indeed ...no stink, no mess and after all it's only sh... and the toilet is where sh... goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Same here, my Missus was a bit peeved at first, but just looks away when I am going upstairs with the shovel. Just make sure you don't slip on the stairs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

I dig a two-foot deep hole in the garden and put a couple of planks over it. Pick up the poo every day and drop it in, and once a week add a bucket of water with a scoop of Bio-Activator (get it in the pet shop).

When it starts to get too near the top, fill in the hole and dig another. Guy who taught me this has a bright green stripe all along the edge of his lawn where the rich fertiliser has fed the grass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I just scoop it up and throw it into the corner of the garden behind the oil tank.

I imagine if you filled a bin with it and emptied it every two weeks it'd really really smell . . . and attract flies . . . ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

I just pick it up everyday, double bag it and pop it in the household waste bin. The amount of poop coming from 4 dogs doesn't give me much other choice :D as any holes I dug would fill up pretty quick and there's no way I'm carrying poop into the house! I've a drain put in at the edge of the dog run to take the pee and to drain off the water from rain/washing out.The only problem would be if you hooked up a drain to your household line/threw the poop down a manhole.... Just make sure it's the toilet lines you use and not the rainwater lines :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neelyohara

It's not illegal as far as I'm aware - pet shops and eco stores are FULL of those composters and chemicals for animal waste.

If it was illegal to compost it this way then surely it would be illegal for you to leave it sitting on your lawn... does that make sense?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Ive two dogs so ive quite a bit but it mainly stays on the lawn untill im going to be using it BBQ or what ever then ill go around and pick it up and put it on the flower beds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

We used always just throw it behind a bush in the garden, once its not somewhere young kids are going to be playing or that wouldn't worry to much, it breaks down quick enough that you don't end up with a big pile of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

peasant wrote: »
    Indeed ...no stink, no mess and after all it's only sh... and the toilet is where sh... goes

Do you think that that is too easy for everyone?

Seems so!

Ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Fish Bloke

Our dog run was built near the little sewer lid where the human waste flows out of the house. We just pick up the poos every day and throw them down there. You lift the lid without looking, pop it in and it gets taken away with the next toilet flush!

Advertisement