Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU LCVP as subject

• 15-06-2010 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

Is LCVP considered as a subject for the general entry requirements for DCU...

i'm doing 7 subjects and LCVP but I'm afraid of failing French tommorrow and i'm worried about DCG on Friday as well....

so in the event of me failing these 2 subjects I'd only have 5 passes and LCVP.. is this enough..???????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Yes! As far as i know its just another subject in their eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

that wouldn't be so bad.. i'm doing all honours just like because why not.. like if i scape a D3 in french i'll be delighted and I'd say I got at least 23-27% ishishish in the DCG project so i only need about 30% on the other paper to scrape a pass... should be fit to get that but yano...

it'd be so omg bad if i ended up with like 400 pointsish that I think i'm on course for and then not get in because I only have 5 subjects...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Ms.Forbes

If your thinking you'll fail then you probably will!

Its not accepted in DCU!

But it is in UCC!

i WOULDN'T presume you'll get a distinction in the LCVP

I did Lcvp last year and our teacher said we were guarteened to get a distinction...

and we all got merits even after appealing our results!

it was so bad that my pass maths was counted as points instead of LCVP

THE WHOLE POINT IN DOING LCVP WAS TO GET THE DISTINCTION GRADE

Complete disaster what a waste of 2 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Ms.Forbes

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    that wouldn't be so bad.. i'm doing all honours just like because why not.. like if i scape a D3 in french i'll be delighted and I'd say I got at least 23-27% ishishish in the DCG project so i only need about 30% on the other paper to scrape a pass... should be fit to get that but yano...

it'd be so omg bad if i ended up with like 400 pointsish that I think i'm on course for and then not get in because I only have 5 subjects...

If your hoping you'll scrape a D3 then you'll probably fail!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I think my oral went well so... I'm hoping I'll get a D3 at least is how you'd put it better...

I got 42% in the mocks with no effort at all.. this time round I know 3-4 short essay things off compared to just rewtriting the questions in the mocks...

Like if I fail i don't care tbh... but I'd like to try at least... should be fit to pass DCG anyways because my project was good and I know enough to get past 2 question and have a fair idea of another so....

it's just yano...

• Advertisement
Advertisement