Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick question re Dublin Bikes - returning them ?

• 15-06-2010 9:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hey. Just a quick question - when you are returning a Dublin Bike do you need to swipe your card on the machine . or just put the bike into any empty stand.

I've been swiping my card each time so the system would know its me thats bringing the bike back, and within the half an hour free use, but then today I saw somebody just pull up, put the bike on the stand and walk off.

cheers, if anyone could tell. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

mikedublin wrote: »
    Hey. Just a quick question - when you are returning a Dublin Bike do you need to swipe your card on the machine . or just put the bike into any empty stand.

I've been swiping my card each time so the system would know its me thats bringing the bike back, and within the half an hour free use, but then today I saw somebody just pull up, put the bike on the stand and walk off.

cheers, if anyone could tell. thanks.

Just return the bike. The system "knows" the bike is returned, "knows" you had the bike. 1 +1, etc.

DFD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭mikedublin

Thanks. kewl. I guess they must have some kind of GPS inside them. cheers, Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

It's probably not GPS, but something like a small radio-frequency transmitter that id's the bike and your transaction "hiring" the bike links it to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

You just have to make sure you get the 'beeps' and the green light when you slot the bike back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Nothing beats a good dublin bike race. This young chap and I caned it (at about 10kph!) up O'Connell Street the other day. When I turned off at Cathal Brugha Street, it was clear that we had shared something very special.

It's mandatory to ride them like you stole them, just so the Dublin Bike Controller (he exists - he has a proper hat and epaulettes and everything) can say "GPO to Grantham Street in six minutes - ce n'est pas possible". Did I mention he was French?

Actually, they should have a "Ride of the Week" slot on the Dublin Bikes website. The winner should get their next year's registration free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

ctually, they should have a "Ride of the Week" slot on the Dublin Bikes website. The winner should get their next year's registration free.
    Think you might start getting 'other' entries for that competiton

Advertisement