Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gravestones?

Options
  • 15-06-2010 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a business in Sligo that does Gravestones please?
    I drove halfway around the countryside looking for a guy from Bunnanaden, never found him though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 MoveOverSeamie

You could try Martin Cadden, Ballydoogan, Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Might seem a bit odd ML, but a lot of the newer headstones have the name of the stonemason on them now. You could have a look round and see if there is some you like?

xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Thanks both.
    Now why didn't I think of that TMB, good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

My Father died a couple of weeks ago and whenever I drop into the cemetery in Sligo, there's always a work van or two parked in there. These are lads working on headstones. I live about 2 miles from Bunninadden and I'm not aware of a headstone business in the area, but I could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I'll find out the name of the person that did my brother's gravestone. He did a great job, llistened to what my parents wanted, and facilitated them when they changed their minds on things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

It is right opposite the tractor guy in the village afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

Theres also Ronnie O Hara just before Flannery car sales in Rathcormack. The guys in Buninadden used to be Doddy memorials but I think someone else took over the business after him, also theres Diamonds out in Skreen, out the Ballina road turn right at Burkes stairs factory heading to Dunmoran strand but keep to the left instead of crossing the little bridge and head for the beach bar and they are 50m on the left hand side. No connection to any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Thanks everyone. Doddys yes I think that was the name of the guy we were looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

fehilly in boyle did a great job on my grandmothers headstone the first people we ordered from couldn't be bothered to do the job after months of ringing them ,they were in ballinafad dont go near them !:(

Advertisement