Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Things

Options
  • 15-06-2010 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭

I asked for access for soccer forum yesterday and jumped through their hoops to get there. It's the least they can do is to check it every day to grant access for those waiting - and it's quite a few at this stage.

Also, where's the ranting and raving forum gone?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

winston82 wrote: »
    I asked for access for soccer forum yesterday and jumped through their hoops to get there. It's the least they can do is to check it every day to grant access for those waiting - and it's quite a few at this stage.

wouldn't call it jumping through hoops my self, simple case of copy and pasting the relavent txt, and entering the two identifier words to show you read the charter

and as far as i'm aware the mods check it every few days, as well as approving people they do also have quite a big forum to look after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Ranting and Raving is a private forum now.

go here for getting access : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055846499

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

irish-stew wrote: »
    wouldn't call it jumping through hoops my self, simple case of copy and pasting the relavent txt, and entering the two identifier words to show you read the charter

and as far as i'm aware the mods check it every few days, as well as approving people they do also have quite a big forum to look after.

I would. Doesn't happen on any other forum.

It doesn't look like they have checked it in about 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

We have had a bit to deal with, there is this massive competition thing on and there is a very good reason that these hoops are there to be jumped through.

We have had a bit to deal with, there is this massive competition thing on and there is a very good reason that these hoops are there to be jumped through.

Yes but you can catch the highlights every night at 10pm on channel 4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Except that most posters would be watching the match, therefore would be causing the most trouble, therefore that is when it would need to be moderated the most

I'm guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I suggest applying earlier next time:) It's not as though the procedure for access is some strange new beast that has only cropped up in the past few days - unlike the Irish passport office, if you drop in your completed application, everything will be sorted in a few days. The current system works well and has led to the retention of the forum, which was in doubt before the current system was adopted. It's been stated many times that the requests are done in batches every few days - the soccer mods also have moderation duties they've been kind enough to take on in the actual forum. And they might also like to watch the world cup and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I would. Doesn't happen on any other forum.

It doesn't look like they have checked it in about 3 days.

similar rules apply to other forums, some you can't use a webmail address to sign up, needs to be a company email or ISP email, some are pre modded, others have seperate team forums which you need to prove your worth before posting on, the idea of which, similar to boards is simply to try and prevent trolling, the wums, and so on.

as pointed out, the mods dp have other duties, plus they probably want to watch some of the WC them selves, their not paid, its completly voluntary what they do.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I asked for access for soccer forum yesterday and jumped through their hoops to get there.

Hoops, seriously?
    The rules request system exists for a very good reason, its to cut down on the amount of idiots and trolls in the forum.
    It's the least they can do is to check it every day to grant access for those waiting - and it's quite a few at this stage.

I suppose the least people can do is be patient, is not like mods get paid to be around every second of the day.

imho your on this site long enough to know a few things, leaving an access request till the last second to the forum during the world cup wasn't exactly a great plan

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Demand a refund winston82. It's unacceptable.

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »
    Hoops, seriously?
    The rules request system exists for a very good reason, its to cut down on the amount of idiots and trolls in the forum.

I suppose the least people can do is be patient, is not like mods get paid to be around every second of the day.

imho your on this site long enough to know a few things, leaving an access request till the last second to the forum during the world cup wasn't exactly a great plan

TBH, the main reason i started this was to find out where the R&R forum had gone. Do i need to put in smileys after every sentence so people will know it's done in a lighthearted fashion?

I'm pretty sure mods here get enough back handers to cover their wages.

As long as i have my soccer access by the beginning of the next world cup i'll be happy. :D

Oh, and i want a refund [insert smiley]

I'm pretty sure mods here get enough back handers to cover their wages.
    Please tell me you're joking

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Please tell me you're joking

Can someone tell me how i can upload a facepalm picture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

You need to ask?

facepalm1.jpg

To be fair, I think you were R&R'ing in the OP and not 'lightheartingly speaking'...... Oh how you've U-turned :rolleyes:

Well there wasn't a smiley at the end of that sentence, so... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Cabaal wrote: »
    yeah I pretty much agree with you, but god if I have to read "mods dont get paid" once more. . . ><

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

TBH, the main reason i started this was to find out where the R&R forum had gone.
    That's not how you came across in the OP tbh.

Seems to me that the R&R question was just an aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

yeah I pretty much agree with you, but god if I have to read "mods dont get paid" once more. . . ><
    Heehee.

Even if they were paid, in this case they're quite busy doing other mod things as well. Apparently the world cup is on:)

El Weirdo wrote: »
    That's not how you came across in the OP tbh.

Seems to me that the R&R question was just an aside.

Thanks, would read again.

On another note - Result - *Got my soccer access granted and my R&R access so now i'm off to troll both.
    Mods feel free to close this now before El Weirdo pops a vein:D

*im being sarcastic BTW before anyone takes this seriously and reports the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

emot_vuvuzela.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement