Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results Help

Options
  • 15-06-2010 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi, I got my results there after my exams in the summer. I got 40/60 credits. I failed 2 in semester 1 and then 2 in semester 2. I was hoping to only failed 1 in semester 2 and compensate as they were all E's but I ended up failing 2. Therefore I have 4 failed. Im just wondering what can I do. Is there anyway I can just repeat them sometime. I really don't want to repeat the year! If anyone has any advice or information Id be very grateful. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

For definitive advice, you should always see the Registry Assessment website (e.g. Modular Grades Explained) and/or talk to your Programme Office. They have the official rules, anything you read here will be unofficial.

They only compensate grades if you've passed 75% of your subjects (9 of 12) and your stage GPA is good enough overall (> 2.00). You failed four, so no compensation for you.

Whether or not you can progress to the next stage depends on whether you meet the criteria set by your Programme. There is no UCD-wide standard for this. For example, see here for details of the Arts requirements. Depending on your degree, you can progress from Stage 1 to Stage 2 by passing as few as 2 core subjects, but then you'd need to push hard to get through Stage 2 in 2 years. See your Programme Office if in doubt.

Resitting or repeating: read this. for more details. It depends on whether the lectures of a course are being offered in a semester.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Advertisement