Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spa treatments

Options
  • 15-06-2010 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

My mum has been having a bit of a tough time recently and I want to take her somewhere nice. Has anyone been to both, how do they compare?

I've looked at the old threads which say the Raddison is nice but can't see any comments about the G.

All help appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Badger2009

Not sure about either of those but I have heard from a few different people that the spa in Marriott is excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Never been to the G spa but have been to the radisson a few times. For my birthday me and a few girls went to the thermal suite for four hours and its only about €35 which is a nice way to spend the day. Also when we got there they offered us treatments at 40% off as they had some cancellations so we took them up on that aswell. The thermal suite day pass gives you access to their out door hot tub aswell I think? Definitely worth it ime.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 IBTL

Hot stone massage in the Meyrick is meant to be amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Friend of mine went to the G Hotel Spa and she said it was brilliant, it was the most relaxing time she ever had and the staff were great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭notel70

marriot is supposed to be the best in galway, service is second to none.

G's contemporary interior is starting to look dated already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭NauP

Other half recons the Marriot is the best in Galway by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I've been to the Marriot spa and it was amazing!!!

Can't go wrong there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

G for my other half had a great time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭grainnereills

espa at the g for me.

it should be about supporting local businesses too, the g is galway-owned and operated, the rad and marriott faceless international brands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭businessboy

espa at the g for me.

it should be about supporting local businesses too, the g is galway-owned and operated, the rad and marriott faceless international brands.

Just felt like i had to correct the comment that was just made. I agree with the supporting of local businesses which in turn should mean supporting the Marriott as its not owned by a Faceless Interantional Brand. It;s merely a franchised hotel name / brand, which is owned and operated by a Galway Business Man.

Im unsure about the position of the Radisson but i have a feeling it is similar to Marriott.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭notel70

I agree with the supporting of local businesses which in turn should mean supporting the Marriott as its not owned by a Faceless Interantional Brand. It;s merely a franchised hotel name / brand, which is owned and operated by a Galway Business Man.

no its not, its owned by us all, Anglo repossed it a few mths ago, that Galway business man has nothing more to do with it

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

Cant speak for G but radisson is lovely. Dont agree on the marriott spa- had awful customer service there about 3 years ago but maybe its changed since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 EBONY00

Saw a programme about the G there not too long ago, claimed it had one of the best spa's in Europe, dont know how accurate that is tbh. If the hotel is anything to go by it think it is definetly a case of style over substance.

found this on the website:

http://www.theghotel.ie/media-tv3spatreatment.html

some interior shots of the spa too. dont get why people knock the place a lot. always had a blast when i was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

that first thing with the hot oil on the forehead is highly reminiscent of chinese water torture...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The Meyrick has a big poster advertising 50% of spa options. I thinks its valid on mondays?? but not sure. The advertisment is on the outside railing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pk10

JJayoo wrote: »
    The Meyrick has a big poster advertising 50% of spa options. I thinks its valid on mondays?? but not sure. The advertisment is on the outside railing

I've looked into this and it is 50% off all spa treatments on Mondays and Tuesdays and good value for anyone interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

I've been to both the G and the Raddison spas.
    I would NEVER go back to the Raddison again, and I dream of returning to the G.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

Anyone notice that if in the title of this thread you swapped Enda for The G and Brian for the Raddison it would be be exactly the question the Irish electorate will face next election?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

That clip of the head treatment in the G shows it costs €55 for 20-25 minutes. That's a very high rate per hour.

I know there are costs involved (location, oil, towels, labour, lighting, heating, candles, etc.) but I'd say most Galway women couldn't afford that kind of expenditure for such brief enjoyment.

What, therefore, is the Lidl/Aldi version of the beauty salon in Galway? Does it exist? Is there anyone reputable in Galway who'd do a massage (of the reputable kind!) in less luxurious surroundings for, say, €15 per hour?

• Advertisement

probably doesnt exist at those rates which are unrealistic tbh.

but most salons in town will offer massage and other treatments at lower rates than destination spas!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

If the person is qualified and has a treatment room that theyre renting etc, €15 p/h is very unrealistic. For massages I'd recommend Massage Therapy Galway. Around €50 per hour (dont think anyone reputable would charge much less than that). The room is relaxing, she uses nice oils and the deep tissue massage really hits the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lil_missy

Me and a friend want to go on a spa break in Galway area (preferably). Sunday and monday night. Don't want to splash out too much. Any suggestions for a nice hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

try the Radisson hotel in Galway, pretty sure it has a daycent spa treatment section.(Spirit One Spa its called)
    I had a cousin working in there so I had a quick tour of the place once, seems grand.
    Hitting the city tonight myself, but not for the Spa treatments..oh no, tnight Im punk!
    Heres the link for the Rad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

tLL -> Galway

(might as well ask the experts ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Radisson is nice, went there not too long ago, also Marriot is wonderful, not cheap though! I heard the Meyrick is nice and they do cheaper treatments early in the week...report back for sure and let me know how you get on, ah the thoughts of a spa break!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

I'd lke to treat my mother & sister to a day/half day of spa treatments in Galway. any recommendations? any offersvouchers available that you know of? thanks!

Advertisement