Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nicolas Roche Interview In Today's Indo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

i dont understand why the journalist had to ask him so much about Lance armstrong and the Landis situation

with all due respect to Roche, he's an elite level athlete, and that journalist didnt give him enough article space imo, phuck Landis, and phuck armstrong, write a positive story about OUR NATIONAL CHAMPION, leave the doping for another day!

by the way, is he racing in the nationals in sligo?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

i dont understand why the journalist had to ask him so much about Lance armstrong and the Landis situation

with all due respect to Roche, he's an elite level athlete, and that journalist didnt give him enough article space imo, phuck Landis, and phuck armstrong, write a positive story about OUR NATIONAL CHAMPION, leave the doping for another day!

spot on i thought the same myself..
    i think it said in that article that he will be in the nationals alright,think i'll pop up to see that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Hi,
    What kind of cyclist do u think Roche will turn in to he seems to be a good all rounder at the moment is he a good enough of a climber to ever contend in a one of the 3 main tours or dose he look like more of a guy who could win a couple spring classics and a few stages on the big tours.
    Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

according to http://www.irishcyclingchamps.com/#/roche-martin-confirmed/4541715886 he is
    Both Nicolas Roche of AG2R and his cousin Daniel Martin of Garmin Transitions have confirmed their participation in the 2010 Irish Road Race Championships.

Last years champion Roche is currently on the comeback trail after tearing a hamstring in the Tour de Romandie. He seems to have benefited from the enforced rest as he is riding very well in the tour of Switzerland at the moment. He went on the attack in the stage finale and finished in the lead group today ahead of yellow jersey wearer Fabian Cancelara. He has been given the green light by his team for an other participation in the Tour de France following on his successful showing in the event last year where he finished in the top ten on numerous stages and 22nd overall. Roche will be one of the hot favourites for the title and will do everything in his power to bring the shamrock jersey of Irish Champion back to the Tour de France.

Daniel Martin is unlikely to participate in this years Tour as he is just after completing his first Giro d'Italia where he impressed with his climbing skills on the treacherously steep Monte Zoncolan & the Plan de Corones TT stage. Martin should carry some strong form from the giro but without any serious hills on the Sligo circuit he may end up playing second fiddle to his cousin Roche. That being said he is a former Irish Road race Champion and seasoned pro so should not be underestimated in the race for senior title.

Advertisement