Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I like SG Universe....

• 15-06-2010 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭

i like SGU, being one of the shows i download as quick as possible after it airs, but what other TV show would you recommend to watch?
    should have good space battles and character development and all that. i'm not a big fan of the earlier series of Stargate, the humor isn't something i like. much prefer the darker, grittier SGU

i've seen and loved BSG, so that's out.

any suggestions, boardsies?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

babylon 5

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'm more a fan of SGU then ANY other series in the franchise, i like the dark and gritty side of Sci-Fi, SG1/Atlantis was too "bubblegum" for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

star trek deep space nine i thought was decent enough show, started off slow, but its got much better later on, i always know when it gets good as worf would be there, i liked it cause the whole series revovled around this one place, with one event having consequenses later down the line, instead of jumping to a new planet the following week, and notto much alien of the week stuff,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Farscape. Its not exactly dark or gritty, but after the first half of the first season, it really kicks off and is really enjoyable. Very different from most sci-fi shows. Some great characters in it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Lotsafish

Its an oldie but if you enjoyed BSG then check out Space Above and Beyond

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

SAaB is a great show +1
    Lotsafish wrote: »
    Its an oldie but if you enjoyed BSG then check out Space Above and Beyond

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Have you seen Firefly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,630 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You could also find and purchase a copy of Homeworld for PC.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Overheal wrote: »

And then play it forever!

Space: Above and Beyond was brilliant, but the ending they were left with was just unfair. So much potential in that show. If you've seen it, you know what i mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Joeface

Space Above and Beyond, was given the 13 or so eps to look at (relook at after all the years had past) holds up well except for the part where ep11 was corrupt ...........................damn it .

SGU ain't bad , there is something there slowly coming out . Last few eps have been fairly good. Its biggest problem is BSG set the bar really high.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Overheal wrote: »
    already have it :D

well my brother does, but i haven't played it. i think he has Homeworld: Cataclysm

thanks for the suggestions.

i think that with BSG, we're expecting every re-imagining/space opera to be of the same standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,630 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Cata is the expansion. But you should definitely play it, the original, and the sequel.

Advertisement