Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Meteor?

Options
  • 15-06-2010 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

So far I've had endless lists of problems with Three from billing to customer service etc. and have noticed my contract is almost up.

I've 2 options, continue with 3 on their relax 350 plan or move on to Metero on the Smart Bill 35/50.

The way I see it Meteor is cheaper in the long run, how are their Customer Care and Billing. Do people have many problems with them?

Thanks

Which plan? 3 votes

Relax 350 : Three
    0% 0 votes
    Smart Bill 35/50 : Meteor
    100% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lawstud

I've had endless lists of problems with Three

Im getting a new phone soon. Im between an iphone 4 and a Desire. Waiting for both to be released on 3 to see what their prices are like. If there not good prob will go with Meteor. They seem to offer the best value.

But id be interested to hear your views on 3?

Thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Mostly comes down to their customer care, rude, slow, uninformed and have actually been quite abusive on several occasions. While this doesn't happen to everyone all the time, I've stumbled across it too many times for it to be ignored.

To think I've almost gotten used to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Got a Desire on Meteor Smart 35 today. Mint network, Mint plan, Mint phone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Is it actually 35 euro monthly after tax or are there any hidden charges and the likes?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

There's an online offer on at the mo on 'smart lite 30', it's on the meteor homepage or if you browse the the billpay page. Basically it's everything the 'smart €35' plan has plus free meteor calls & texts, and it's only a rolling 30 day contract and €5 cheaper! It's only for porting/ new customers so you could get it, defo the way to go!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Dave6195 wrote: »
    There's an online offer on at the mo on 'smart lite 30', it's on the meteor homepage or if you browse the the billpay page. Basically it's everything the 'smart €35' plan has plus free meteor calls & texts, and it's only a rolling 30 day contract and €5 cheaper! It's only for porting/ new customers so you could get it, defo the way to go!!

But you dont get any phone... OP do a bit of maths first to see which tariff suits you. Eg cost of phone, etc etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Dave6195 wrote: »

i can imagine that there may be a few newly liberated O2 iphone users looking very keenly at that plan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Yeah definitely. Ive just applied for it myself, its incredible for the price. To the op: if you dont need a phone id go for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭i.need.a.job

Zangetsu wrote: »
    So far I've had endless lists of problems with Three from billing to customer service etc. and have noticed my contract is almost up.

I've 2 options, continue with 3 on their relax 350 plan or move on to Metero on the Smart Bill 35/50.

The way I see it Meteor is cheaper in the long run, how are their Customer Care and Billing. Do people have many problems with them?

Thanks

meteor customer care is the most irritating thing in the world.

iv had to make many many MANY phone calls to them for various things which is theyr fault. they dont like to refund you anything either by the way even when its their mistake.

one woman couldnt even tell me the time, i said please reconnect my phone i paid my bill an two hours ago an i was told it would be reconnected within the hour. she told me no you paid it an hour ago, i said no i paid it at 4.30 an she said ya an now its 5.30... eventually after a few minutes rowin the dumb ***** realised it was 6.30 like i had been telling her.... ugh

Advertisement