Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Al Jazeera Sport HD & 3D

• 15-06-2010 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭

Al Jazeera Sport HD 13e
    For those who don't know its now on 13e.

Hotbird 6 (13.0E) - 10815.00 H - Txp: 115 - Beam: Europe DVB-S (QPSK) - 27500 3/4 - NID:2048 - TID:44

SD Channels also on that frequency

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Great find. Hope this is a perminant fixture on hotbird.

When tuning make sure you tune with DVBS not S2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭irishchris

ha well spotted mate. i spent 5 mins trying to no avail as had it S2 for hd until i read it properly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Hopefully it'll stay but i fear that it is only temporary due to Al Jazeeras problems on Nilesat with signal jamming!

yes i was thinking that when i read the reports. have fear myself this is at most for the duration of the world cup due to those jamming/stopping of the world cup feed on its channels on nilesat. hope im proved wrong and that we in ireland can keep enjoying jsc in hd for champions league etc on hotbird

I've been watching the World Cup on JSC 3D and have to admit the PQ is excellent. Pity they don't offer the commentary in English.

• Advertisement

hi mate
    what 3d tv did you get. is it any good or is 3d just hype when it comes to football. do you have to wear glasses with it?

Got the Samsung 50" Plasma. For the football it looks very good at the pitch side level, free kicks, corners etc but on the normal Halfway line Far it looks just HD. You have to wear the glasses and you'd only watch it in 3D for an hour or so. Your eyes go kinda funny after it. 2D to 3D on HD movies looks very good as well.
    Best channel for the 3D is Astras 3D Test on 23east.

Advertisement