Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gyms in Drogheda

Options
  • 15-06-2010 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Any good gyms in Drogheda that a bg girl like me wouldn't get embarressed in? I'd like to start going to one, but not if I end up getting laughed at or something.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

There's JJB near the college, there's The Gym BesideLIDL/The Old Shopping Center and there's Felda somewhere,and a few othersbut the first two are meant to be good.

Don't worry about people laughing, only 16 year old idiots who incredibly overestimate themselves are thick enough to act in that way so don't worry.

Just get there, get your work done and be happy with your progress!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

FunkZ wrote: »
    There's JJB near the college, there's The Gym BesideLIDL/The Old Shopping Center and there's Felda somewhere,and a few othersbut the first two are meant to be good.

Don't worry about people laughing, only 16 year old idiots who incredibly overestimate themselves are thick enough to act in that way so don't worry.

Just get there, get your work done and be happy with your progress!

she said drogheda

As far as I've been told Westgate is the best, then there is Boyne Valley, Jacky Skellys (don't go there), and a few others.

There'sa new MMA gym opening up that you might be interesting.

event wrote: »
    she said drogheda

Two birds, one stone, sticky this thread for future reference.

And maybe next time you can try to help the OP instead of being a little...

Are there posts missing from this thread? :confused:

_Godot_ wrote: »
    Any good gyms in Drogheda that a bg girl like me wouldn't get embarressed in? I'd like to start going to one, but not if I end up getting laughed at or something.

As someone who's a fat bastard, incredibly uncomfortable around people, and always seems to get into awkward and embarrassing situations, I can say that I feel comfortable enough in the Aura centre up beside St. Olivers/LMFM on the Rathmullen Road.

I've heard the place can get a bit packed in the evenings, and I've only used it once in the evening time. They open at 6:30 on Mon/Wed/Fri and 7:00 on Tues/Thurs, so I always try to be the first in the door.

I generally find that I have the gym to myself for a half an hour or an hour (some mornings people don't arrive until about 9am, so I'm there on my own for a while).

Plus the membership (or pay as you go entrance fee) covers a jacuzzi/sauna/steam room/swimming pool, so it's grand.

That said, I've seen some photographs of other gyms, and Aura looks like a fairly ill-equipped gym for anyone that's in any way advanced, or who would be using the gym at busy times.

It's great for me, because I usually have the place to myself, but I reckon you'd be drove insane waiting for stuff if a few people were in there at the same time.

Though if you're worried about getting embarrassed then you should probably head up some morning at 6:30 or 7:00 and scope the place out and get comfortable with it before jumping in when it's packed.

If you do decide to check it out and need any hekp or info with anything, just let me know :)

(And before anyone assumes; no, I'm not in any way related to Aura, except as a customer) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 irishwarrior

Been to every gym in town and have never felt as comfortable since i joined SFXGym, wud defo recommend it wether your an eight stone "Mr Muscle" or the next Arnie. The lads there will really look after you..As for Westgate i'd class them same as Skellys( Money Grabbing **st**ds). Aura's new place looks great in the pics but to be honest haven't seen it in the flesh so that might be worth looking into as well:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

FunkZ wrote: »
    Two birds, one stone, sticky this thread for future reference.

And maybe next time you can try to help the OP instead of being a little...

being a little what?

i dont know any drogheda gyms, im not from there. i was simply pointing out that she had asked for drogheda, you must have missed that, so that you could mention the ones there if you knew them.

no need to get so defensive, christ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Been to every gym in town and have never felt as comfortable since i joined SFXGym, wud defo recommend it wether your an eight stone "Mr Muscle" or the next Arnie. The lads there will really look after you..As for Westgate i'd class them same as Skellys( Money Grabbing **st**ds). Aura's new place looks great in the pics but to be honest haven't seen it in the flesh so that might be worth looking into as well:D

couldnt agree more with all this

Advertisement