Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sims 3: Ambitions Won't Load/Install??

Options
  • 16-06-2010 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Got the Sim 3 Ambitions last week, went to install it today, and when I put it in the disk drive of my laptop, it just sounds like its loading, and starts making funny noises, but won't open. When I go into my computer and try to double click on the disk drive, it isn't registering as the sims 3 as it normally would, and it won't open, it just continues to chug away in the disk drive. It sounds as if its skipping? It isn't scratched or anything.

I have the Sims 3 installed for a while now, and that loads up just fine! Havent had the opportunity to try the disc on another laptop.

I have a Compaq Presario CQ60, Windows 7, plenty of free space on my laptop (I deleted almost EVERYTHING off it in case!) and my all my media drivers are up to date.

Could it be that the disc is faulty?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Mine does this ALL the time. It's super annoying. I thought it was the fault of my laptop so I didn't think to return it and I just put up with now! It starts eventually for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Thats why I think its always best to download digitally from the EA store ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

angel01 wrote: »
    Thats why I think its always best to download digitally from the EA store ;)

I never thought of that...I feel stupid now! So you can just download (and pay obviously) from the site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Alicat wrote: »
    I never thought of that...I feel stupid now! So you can just download (and pay obviously) from the site?

Yes and if you are lucky, you can find a discount voucher on the net ;) Yes, I have all the Sims2 games/expansion packs from the EA store and I bought them with my credit card and all work like a dream :D

The EA store is brilliant. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

angel01 wrote: »
    Yes and if you are lucky, you can find a discount voucher on the net ;) Yes, I have all the Sims2 games/expansion packs from the EA store and I bought them with my credit card and all work like a dream :D

The EA store is brilliant. :)

I had a look last night and couldn't find this (I only looked briefly). Could you point me towards where I might download The Sims 3 from the EA store?

• Advertisement
Advertisement