Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

john greene

Options
  • 16-06-2010 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

anybody know what time john opens at in the mornin i have to go down tomorrow but need to go early?

tommy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    anybody know what time john opens at in the mornin i have to go down tomorrow but need to go early?

tommy

You should never go to green with the intention of leaving quickly. He usually keeps you talking.
    I think he opens at 9. But that's just a guess. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    You should never go to green with the intention of leaving quickly. He usually keeps you talking.
    I think he opens at 9. But that's just a guess. :D

i know the last time i went down for ten minutes and stayed nearly two hours.....

im driving down from kildare in the morning should hit there bout half nine so i should be ok...

cheers

tommy

i know the last time i went down for ten minutes and stayed nearly two hours.....

im driving down from kildare in the morning should hit there bout half nine so i should be ok...

cheers

tommy
    no worries do you have his number 086 3554425

had the shop number but cheers for the moblie as it might come in handy tomorrow

tommy:D

had the shop number but cheers for the moblie as it might come in handy tomorrow

tommy:D

Well tommy
    did you get down to john green in time and was he open in time
    and did you get away quickly. I'm guessing you spent an hour at least:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Well tommy

at least.......

Well tommy

i got there at 11:30 and left at 13:45 just slighty longer than i had planned.......:D:D

tommy

i got there at 11:30 and left at 13:45 just slighty longer than i had planned.......:D:D

tommy

2 1/4 hours thats about average:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Would John be ok with his mobile number on here?

If not I can remove it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Vegeta wrote: »

If not I can remove it

I wouldn't thinK he will mind as it's the mobile for the workshop and it stay's there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c78/streethachi/SSL12313.jpg

Does John greene do paint jobs like this one or does he send em away to get it done??

Got this pic off another site, its one of his rifles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

patsat wrote: »

Does John greene do paint jobs like this one or does he send em away to get it done??

Thats relatively easy do that paint job. Plenty of videos on youtube to inspire ;)

Thats relatively easy do that paint job. Plenty of videos on youtube to inspire ;)

Yes I could handle the paint job myself I've done quiet a bit of work using spray paints for collage projects and doing bits for other people so I would be confident in doing it,

But I'm thinking along the lines of a custom varmint rifle I am planning and no way would I chance doing that or let anyone else near it unless they were **** hot!! Plus not only the stock is painted, the barrel action and scope is done too!Lots of places to go wrong!

Vegeta wrote: »

If not I can remove it

his mobile and shop number are on his website www.sro.ie

Yes I could handle the paint job myself I've done quiet a bit of work using spray paints for collage projects and doing bits for other people so I would be confident in doing it,

But I'm thinking along the lines of a custom varmint rifle I am planning and no way would I chance doing that or let anyone else near it unless they were **** hot!! Plus not only the stock is painted, the barrel action and scope is done too!Lots of places to go wrong!

The one warning pat, it may be frowned upon at ranges as it may look too scary ! It may also frighten little ole ladies and there fore get you unwanted attention.

Saying that I am still considering doing a full camo job on my remmy ;)

The one warning pat, it may be frowned upon at ranges as it may look too scary ! It may also frighten little ole ladies and there fore get you unwanted attention.

Saying that I am still considering doing a full camo job on my remmy ;)

Yes its between that with a m40a3 stock or else a AI! May well go with the AI as i'm also a lefty!

U c i've to plan all this first in order to save up for it!otherwise i'd keep spending my money on stupid things!:D

Yes its between that with a m40a3 stock or else a AI! May well go with the AI as i'm also a lefty!

U c i've to plan all this first in order to save up for it!otherwise i'd keep spending my money on stupid things!:D

The AICS stock is very expensive, bell and Carlson come in cheaper

I've burned thousands on rifles and gear, thats part of the fun.

Tricking out rifles is as much fun as buying one.

Do they do a clone of the AI??

I may be able to stretch my budget!!:D:D

Do they do a clone of the AI??

I may be able to stretch my budget!!:D:D

2094-___ Remington 700 BDL
    Varmint/Tactical, Short Action
    Fits heavy barrel models with hinged floorplate (such as 700P, VS,
    VLS, Sendero, etc.) .17 to .308 calibers. Comes with adjustable cheekpiece
    for proper cheek/eye placement to scope. Also has 3-way
    adjustable butt assembly that adjusts for length of pull, cant
    (left/right) and height (up/down). The forend is tapered for minute
    elevation adjustments and comes with integral aluminum forearm
    rail for attachments.

http://www.bellandcarlson.com/newproducts.html

F**k it I reckon i'll go all out for the AI!! early days yet tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

I know the feel'n, I had planned on a CZ .308 varmint and ended up with :

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055836156&highlight=accuracy+international

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

I was up with John today, sound bloke and very helpful!

He had an AICS on the shelf, very nice indeed!

I have a feeling I'll be up there again;)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Hartman

Id appreciate it if you didn't steal my photographs

1) Without my permission
    2) Without having the decency to reference where you had stolen said picture from

Hartman wrote: »

1) Without my permission
    2) Without having the decency to reference where you had stolen said picture from

I'm sorry about that I wasn't sure whether to say where I got it from or not.

I'll post a link to that thread if you want??
    Or will I remove the photo??

Apology accepted.

I am unsure whether moderators here would like my site to be linked on here so that is out of both our hands. I would say leave it as for the time being in the interests of showing everyone the quality of Johns work.

Thanks Hartman

Apology accepted.

I am unsure whether moderators here would like my site to be linked on here so that is out of both our hands. I would say leave it as for the time being in the interests of showing everyone the quality of Johns work.

Thanks Hartman

I'm sure everyone here has drooled over the pics on that thread at one time or another!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

1) Without my permission

You might want to re-read the terms and conditions of the photobucket.com site, specifically section six:
    6.1 Photobucket does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post on or through the Photobucket Services. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the Photobucket Services, you hereby grant to Photobucket and other users a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Site in any media formats through any media channels, except Content marked "private" will not be distributed outside the Photobucket Services.

When you post something on photobucket, you are giving your permission to everyone to link to that photo, unless you mark it private, which you didn't. (And that's the same as with facebook and flickr and just about every other similar site on the internet today, including here).

I don't want to start a row about it, but you just came on here and accused someone of stealing and behaving indecently, when they did absolutely nothing wrong.

I knew you would jump on this one. I took that photograph hence I own the rights to it regardless of where its hosted. Its displayed on <mod snip> which is also my website. The poster did not ask my permission could he use it so that would make it stealing in my book. If you read the terms and conditions displayed on my site then you will see the points you have made do not apply here. The section you posted from photobucket is covering their own arses incase they were to be taken to court for an incident such as this.

Now you can mull over this for an hour and multi-quote it to death and then ban or infract me for arguing with you I really dont care. Facts are displayed above.

Sparks wrote: »
    You might want to re-read the terms and conditions of the photobucket.com site, specifically section six:

When you post something on photobucket, you are giving your permission to everyone to link to that photo, unless you mark it private, which you didn't. (And that's the same as with facebook and flickr and just about every other similar site on the internet today, including here).

I don't want to start a row about it, but you just came on here and accused someone of stealing and behaving indecently, when they did absolutely nothing wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

Would you relax boss, your doing yourself no favours and certainly not encouraging people over to the <mod snip> site by petty squabbling .
    The image was taken from a public image posting site not yours .....
    Chill

I knew you would jump on this one. I took that photograph hence I own the rights to it regardless of where its hosted. Its displayed on <mod snip> which is also my website. The poster did not ask my permission could he use it so that would make it stealing in my book. If you read the terms and conditions displayed on my site then you will see the points you have made do not apply here. The section you posted from photobucket is covering their own arses incase they were to be taken to court for an incident such as this.

Now you can mull over this for an hour and multi-quote it to death and then ban or infract me for arguing with you I really dont care. Facts are displayed above.

• Advertisement

Hey Im not here to encourage people to join the site, a certain person sends them over enough as it is....

My photobucket site is private and the pictures are posted on my website.

Would you relax boss, your doing yourself no favours and certainly not encouraging people over to the <mod snip> site by petty squabbling .
    The image was taken from a public image posting site not yours .....
    Chill

Advertisement