Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who wants to cry?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

hightower1 wrote: »
    I just cant feel sad for a pitbull, scumbags dog or "dag" or choice.
    If it was something respectable like a retriever maybe I'd feel different.

When you educate yourself you might feel different too.

very sad video :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

I had my hamster put down a few years ago :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I never owned a dog before, so I'm unable to relate to the emotion the guy has for his dog. But considering you own a dog for 10 years who is always with you through thick and thin, you can really grow an attachment, and I can understand stories of people who find it hard to let their pets go.

What I hate are the narrow minded people who simply say ''It's just a dog''. Just because it's a dog, doesn't mean you can't love it. They just can't understand it.

The video itself is very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

I watched this, and then went and watched Hachi.
    Anyone who has seen Hachi or knows the story will empathise with my tear enducing decision. :(

That film is very loosly based on a true story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Larkin91 wrote: »

What I hate are the narrow minded people who simply say ''It's just a dog''. Just because it's a dog, doesn't mean you can't love it. They just can't understand it.

Yeah, it's like if a parent dies and someone say's 'It's just a person...'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

WindSock wrote: »

I had a dog and I loved that dog, but I'm certainly not going to make the comparison between my dog and my parents.
    It's just a completely different thing, the dog was at the end of the day a dog, I cared about it, but it's still a dog.
    Where as my parents are the people who brought me into this world and raised me, looked after me.
    I feel that's a really bad comparison to make...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I'm not comparing dogs to people. I am giving an example of when people express a lack of empathy when someone is clearly upset.

'It's just a ...' doesn't mean anything when a person is upset over a death of a loved one/pet.

I really don't see someones motivation in saying something like that. It hardly makes a person feel better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

SV wrote: »
    When you educate yourself you might feel different too.

very sad video :(

So when a person doesnt feel the same as you they are uneducated? lol.
    Ah go have another cry for yourself while I laugh at the ignorance of your interpretation of others emotions! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I've had two dogs die on me growing up as a kid and I cried myself to sleep for ages afterwards.

No-one can say its just a dog, unless you've had a dog growing up you can't possibly relate to whats going on in that video.

The friendship and unconditional love you get from your dog surpasses a lot of human relationships IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Ah go have another cry for yourself while I laugh at the ignorance of your interpretation of others emotions! :D

You think it's educated to think that pitbulls are only "scanger dogs"?

A dog is a dog,I seen a scanger walking a ****zu the other day and a neighbour of mine who is in her 50's has two pitbulls.

Some pitbulls are violent,it doesn't necessarily mean they all are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

To all those who say it is just a dog. You can grow emotions for animals. Just because they aren't human doesn't mean you can't love and respect them like one of the family. Dogs can become very close companions for a lot of people and will form a bond with their owner strong enough that it will strike up some very strong emotions if something were to happen to the dog. Every bodies emotions work in different ways. Knocking someone who feels sad over the death of their dog is just pathetic really.

No, you actually are just completely uneducated on the subject to have that opinion.
    Also, why don't you have another look at the video there to see just how uneducated you really are. While you're doing that i'll be having a laugh at you thinking you have the slightest clue as to what you're talking about.

internet-24591.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I tried to watch it but I just couldn't...

Fcukin 3broadband is pure dirt :mad:

xzanti wrote: »
    I tried to watch it but I just couldn't...

Fcukin 3broadband is pure dirt :mad:

Almost makes you want to cry...

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Wow... That hit me like a rock :(

Added to my list of videos/films I can't watch anymore. Sitting there right beside Turner and Hooch and K9.

storm2811 wrote: »
    You think it's educated to think that pitbulls are only "scanger dogs"?

Where did I say all pitbulls are scanger dogs? I said they are scumbags dog of choice implying it has left me with little affection for the breed but not in any way did i say they were all scanger dogs or even a bad breed for the matter.

No, you actually are just completely uneducated on the subject to have that opinion.
    Also, why don't you have another look at the video there to see just how uneducated you really are. While you're doing that i'll be having a laugh at you thinking you have the slightest clue as to what you're talking about.

ROFL, sv, good facts in that post of yours? Reminds me of the argument a toddler would retort with ..... "You are ..and thats why.... so there"

I'll give ya a chance to explain you statement so .... what exact part of the video would you like me to watch to show myself how "uneducated" I supposedly am? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Also I would like to know as to what your basing your assumption of my level of education on? Is it our extensive 2 post conversation is it? lolz.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭DailyBlaa

Very sad video. I find myself in a similar situation at the moment. My dog of 14 years is on her last legs with cancer too. She has good and bad days. Each time she has a bad day I get ready to bring her off to have her put down but these last few days she has been up and about running around the backyard and in good form.

There is nothing as good as a loyal dog, always happy to see you no matter what. If only humans treated each other with the same respect the world would be a better place.

ROFL, sv, good facts in that post of yours? Reminds me of the argument a toddler would retort with ..... "You are ..and thats why.... so there"

I'll give ya a chance to explain you statement so .... what exact part of the video would you like me to watch to show myself how "uneducated" I supposedly am? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

well..any parts of the video really with the dog in it...

OK, it isn't a pitbull for one, it's crossbreed and how is it a 'skangers choice' of dog ffs?
    but not in any way did i say they were even a bad breed for the matter.
    If it was something respectable like a retriever maybe I'd feel different.

really now? :rolleyes:

Also I would like to know as to what your basing your assumption of my level of education on? Is it our extensive 2 post conversation is it? lolz.
    Nah I went over a few of your other posts there and it seems to be your general approach to threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Is it just me or is there an air of dog racism in here? :p

I have 2 cats, brother and sister...greats little things, I'd miss them if they were gone.

I had two other cats before, first one lived to about 9 when it started pissing in the house and I'd go mad and hit it on the head (not hard - you know) and throw it out the door. I got pretty frustrated and aggressive at times. After about a month of this we figurred we should bring her to the vet. I didn't go - i had other stuff to do. They kept her in over night and rang the next day saying she had cancer in her stomach and they should put her down or she'd die in about a couple of weeks anyway.

I was distraught - not because the cat was dieing/dead but the way I treated her when she was sick. It still upsets me. I never got to say sorry - or whatever.

My other cat was as big as a tiger, massive slinky thing. He was mad hyper and he was my cat. I came home from school one day and the neighbour called in asking if I'd come down and see if it was my cat dead in their garden. Really bad day. He'd been savaged by something.

I didn't cry at the movie but it was moving. I can only imagine what its like to have a dog. Cats aren't the same I don't think, but they are very important to the people who attach themselves to them. Its like the guy in the movie says, they teach you so many things. They give a sense of fulfillment in many ways and thats why we feel like we owe hem some part of ours selves. Thats why we care.....These are my ramblings. Goodnight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

WindSock wrote: »

Who has ever said that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

Talk about ****ing derailed.

OK, it isn't a pitbull for one.

What exactly is this then? A PIT BULL maybe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:American_Pit_Bull_Terrier_-_Seated.jpg

Nah I went over a few of your other posts there and it seems to be your general approach to threads.

Thread stalking??? Weird.... yup. rofl rofl :D:D:D:D

funny-pictures-you-have-a-feline-stalker.jpg

Oh wait .... stalking is fun you were at least right on that SV!

now that you see in fact it is a pit bull perhaps you can go back and watch big brother some more and be manly yeah lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

now that you see in fact it is a pit bull perhaps you can go back and watch big brother some more and be manly yeah lol.

This has nothing to do with what you were talking about tbh,attack the post,not the poster.

The point is,the fact that it is a pitbull does not make any difference.
    The dog was that man's best friend,and your argumeant doesn't make much sense imo.

That picture is alright, the dog in the video isn't, and tbh it wouldn't matter if it was, you're still talking shite.

Haha.. Wow, now that really is pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

That video got me too, but in general anything with a dog dying etc does. ive an 8 yr old lab whos starting to show his age after being hyper up until now. He's my first dog and it took 10 years of begging to get him, dread the day i might have to put him down.

Marley and me for a lab owner is torture.I was blubbering like a little girl for the whole last half hour of that bloody film-thank god i watched it alone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 iChatz

If this doesn't make you shed a tear, you're probably dead inside :o

http://vimeo.com/8191217

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Hightower1 is trolling, as it does in many other threads. Dont feed it and it will get bored and go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

If this doesn't make you shed a tear, you're probably dead inside :o

I must be dead inside.

• Advertisement

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I must be dead inside.

Whatever you do Minstrel dont disagree with the thread / poster!
    You'll start getting the "troll" label lol.

When confounded with sense and fact the senseless and factless seem to want to retort with name calling.

I simply commented as yourself that I dislike the typical type of pit pull owner you see these days, due to this I didnt feel any empathy for the dog and as a result I was accused of being uneducated .... I then proved that to be complete bull (excuse the pun) and then accused of being a troll? wtf? Apparently defending you point after being attacked is qualification enough of being one in these parts.

My initial post was nothing aggressive but yet thats the attitude you get here if you disagree. rofl, now THATS sad that people cant handle someone doesnt agree with them on an open forum.

Advertisement