Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man takes polaroid everyday for 18 years until his death

• 16-06-2010 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

This website catalogues over 6000 photos by a photographer who took a polaroid everyday for 18 years until his sudden death from cancer. Quite an amazing story in photos. Linky below:

http://photooftheday.hughcrawford.com/

I don't know whether this has been posted before but I hadn't seen it until today :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Hadnt seen that, very sad near the end. Nearly feels voyeuristic to look...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

Borderfox wrote: »
    Hadnt seen that, very sad near the end. Nearly feels voyeuristic to look...

Yeh I agree, moving pictures towards the end. Made me think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Thanks!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

thanks for the link. pretty moving towards the end alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

great idea ,sad at the end but id like to do this ,he must have scanned every photo as well

• Advertisement

hoganpoly wrote: »
    great idea ,sad at the end but id like to do this ,he must have scanned every photo as well

His family scanned them and put the website together I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Man, flicking through that - you just really hope the story doens't end!
    I suppose it's a sort of equivalent of what some Boardies are doing on the 365 project, he seemed to enjoy his life greatly looking through them. It does feel very voyeuristic though!

I presume his family have scanned the pictures.
    Edit His friends did: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Livingston

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

sNarah wrote: »
    I suppose it's a sort of equivalent of what some Boardies are doing on the 365 project,
    Way to put the mockers on our boardsies. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Amazing to be able to kind of flick through his life like that, and yeah the end is sad.
    But it gives me an elbow in the side to really go out there and enjoy every day aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Very sad ending alright has to be said, looked to have lived a very full life though.

Cheers for the link :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Ohh,I'll have to find some time to look through all of those,some beautiful pics on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

That's really moving. He died on his birthday too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Very interesting, I'm going to have to look at them all over the coming weeks. :o

Cheers for the link.

That's really moving. He died on his birthday too.

Hadn't spotted that :O :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Scamp-

That's so sad. The last picture is very unsettling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,401 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Great discipline to keep doing it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

It's a fantastic personal record, especially if there is some text to go with each pic. Very sad at the end but it's an amazing social record and I doubt if there are many more like it in the world. Certainly food for thought.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

He took some really nice photos. What a great momento to leave behind. Anyone else look for a photo he took on their birthday ? Mine was in May'80.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Chorcai wrote: »
    He took some really nice photos. What a great momento to leave behind. Anyone else look for a photo he took on their birthday ? Mine was in May'80.
    Looked every year on my birthday, mainly just cause it's in Jan. I'll have to look through it from start to finish some day. Some very imaginative subjects in them, even when the photo's just a shot of friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭StraddleFor6

Chorcai wrote: »

Ah, cool. The day I was born is a picture from Vegas. I've been there three times. Its a sign. I'm destined for wealth.

*Or a long hard life chasing an impossible dream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Ah, cool. The day I was born is a picture from Vegas. I've been there three times. Its a sign. I'm destined for wealth.

Or a shotgun wedding...either way you'll get laid :D

Advertisement