Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 mobile Network Ireland.

Options
  • 16-06-2010 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,
    I bought a Thunder - Quadband Dual SIM Wifi Touchscreen Worldphone from China.(Unlocked to all networks)It runs on GSM Frequencies (Quad Band): 850MHz, 900MHz, 1800MHz, 1900MHz.
    When I insert my SIM card from 3 it wont find it.It has no issues with SIMS from Vodafone,O2,Meteor etc.Works great!.Contacted 3 and they have no idea where the problem lies.Tried everything but no joy.Anybody got and ideas please :( .
    Thank you.
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

The 3 network runs at 2100Mhz. I reckon that's why it doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pobyrne2000

True.
    3 runs their 3G network on the 2100MHz band. They dont have a GSM900 or GSM1800 network they usually just roam onto Vodafone's 2G network when there is no 3G network available.
    All operators in ireland use the 2100MHz band for their 3G network...so eh no 3G for you i'm afraid....

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

The roaming agreement with Vodafone only works, as far as I understand it, in areas where 3 have no or poor 3G coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 smully

Hi Guys,
    Sounds about right.Tech Support could not explain that.Thank you all for the advice.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Matt Bauer wrote: »
    The roaming agreement with Vodafone only works, as far as I understand it, in areas where 3 have no or poor 3G coverage.

Should work anywhere where there is Vodafone 2G coverage.

I have my phone locked to 2G coverage.. Coverage is fine in places where I normally would get full 3 3G coverage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement