Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Something good for the face

• 16-06-2010 1:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

My fellow gents and possbily some female comrades.
    My face is in a bad state as of lately with black heads giving me some bad spots! I've been told I have oily skin.

can someone recommend a good product for scrubbin up? seems the facewash i'm using isn't quite up to scratch anymore Possibly because I sweat more now from work etc.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

It really depends on your skin type...

There's a good product selction helper on the Clinique website here - http://www.cliniqueformen.co.uk/producthelper/skinanalysis/ that will help you.

Clinique products are excellent too - a bit more pricey than the likes of Nivea & Loreal, but well worth it, especially if you're having problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

It really depends on your skin type...

There's a good product selction helper on the Clinique website here - http://www.cliniqueformen.co.uk/producthelper/skinanalysis/ that will help you.

Clinique products are excellent too - a bit more pricey than the likes of Nivea & Loreal, but well worth it, especially if you're having problems.

I've been told by someone to moisturise and to exfoliate regularly. I was moisturising after shaving but thats it really Thanks for the link will give it a go! Where would I buy the product?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

congo_90 wrote: »
    I've been told by someone to moisturise and to exfoliate regularly. I was moisturising after shaving but thats it really Thanks for the link will give it a go! Where would I buy the product?

I think Boots stock Clinique products, though I usually buy them online.

Either way, you should use a good cleanser for blemishes & moisturise daily.

A mate recommended this one to me: link

Would I still need an exfoliator? I just wanna be bu-ti-ful :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

http://www.hotbeautyhealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/st-ives-apricot-scrub.jpg

This is one I've recommended to a male relative with similar problems, and he thinks its a miracle worker. Its got much bigger particles than the Nivea one and isn't rough or scratchy.

Its probably more suited for use a few times a week than everyday, but it seems to really get the muck out of the pores. Hope that helps.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Don't be a stranger to your nearest beauty salon either. They have a huge range of treatments for men, and carry out extractions. This should kick your skin back in order, and then follow it up with Starbelgrades suggestion - Clinque, brilliant products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Yeah a trip to any salon you will find a whole range dedicated to treatments for men with seperate prices etc. Would be a good kick start for ya. All the major skincare ranges have a decent mens selection so a trip to boots would see you sorted. Clinique are pricey but they have some good stuff. Oh and if you have any way sensitive skin don't over exfoliate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Loopsie

of all the expensive products on the market i swear by johnson&johnson clean and clear exfoliating wash!!! Ive used it for YEARS and even though im thirty i get told i look early twenties all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 brackenltd

congo_90 wrote: »
    My fellow gents and possbily some female comrades.
    My face is in a bad state as of lately with black heads giving me some bad spots! I've been told I have oily skin.

can someone recommend a good product for scrubbin up? seems the facewash i'm using isn't quite up to scratch anymore Possibly because I sweat more now from work etc.

Thanks!
    thers only one thing 4 skin is a steam room in a mechanic and skin does be blacked up every now and then - do a steam room session and u can see the black coming out of ur skin !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Try some or a!l of the following:
    - exfoliate every couple of days, use a facial scrub towards the end of your shower. Different brands have different size 'grit', I find some too fine, try Boots own brand in the mens section.
    - pick up a half dozen face cloths and use a clean/fresh one on your face with just warm water.
    - use a shaving brush, it also helps exfoliate the skin on the face as well as helping on the shaving front. Consider using a safety razor.
    -use witch-hazel as a splash. It's a great toner.
    - use a light non-greasy molisturiser, try Nivea Sensitive or Speick or Clinique aftershave balm.
    - keep changing towels and pillowcases frequently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'm a fan of the Clearasil products, not just for teenagers you know. I find they very good, especially the Deep Pore wash and exfoliator

Nivea sensitive is a good moisturizer but best of all is L'Oreal.
    Hey if it's good enough for Pierce Brosnan, it'll do me. Very refreshing, it's just quite expensive

As said, check out your local salon, there are lots of treatments for me, it's no issue at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Sebastien De Valmont

Boil up a steaming pan of water. Put the stopper in the sink and pour it in.
    Put a towel over your head and put your face over the sink and let the steam open your pores.

Squeeze out the black heads with your finger nails and dab spirits on them to stop infection.

Boil up a steaming pan of water. Put the stopper in the sink and pour it in.
    Put a towel over your head and put your face over the sink and let the steam open your pores.

Squeeze out the black heads with your finger nails and dab spirits on them to stop infection.
    I'd rather drink the spirits :p Thanks anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Exfoliate using sugar and olive oil, you shouldn't need a moisturiser then. This cleanses the face and removes any dead skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 pento

detox from the inside out.

back to square one now. with so many options I dunno which to choose! thanks to all anyway

Advertisement