Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i pass my leaving cert if i wasn't in school a lot?

• 16-06-2010 3:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

i'm so ashamed of myself i missed more days than i was in, in 6th year :( and i can't blame anyone but myself. i went through so much stress last year and this year and it really affected my attendance. i really want to go to college and study computing or engineering and a lot of the courses on my cao only need like a C1 max and a D3 min in OL maths and then D3's in any other 5 OL subjects. i am doing 7 subjects. maths, english, irish, french, biology in OL and engineering and history HL. i keep getting this feeling that i'm going to fail like 3 or 4 subjects. i think i'm gonna fail french, biology, history and defo maths cause i really struggled in maths p1 and p2. i'm so upset about all this, wish i was in a lot more but it's all too late now. my last LC exam, which is biology, is finished tomorrow :(

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's possible to pass without being in school, if you've been working at home, but you don't seem to think you've done enough. You might be just thinking very negatively though and maybe you've done much better already than you think.

If you do worse than you wanted, this was a bad year for you - hopefully next year won't be. Repeat, get some sort of a job, relax, go fishing.

You're young and there are many ways to get the course you want.
    Repeat if you think it will help. There is no rule says you have to go straight to college from one chance at the Leaving. Many people go to college with no Leaving Cert. at all.

One more exam and then all the worrying in the world won't make things change. Get out in the sun. Enjoy being young.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Genuine Effort = Pass
    Negative thoughts = FAIL.

Advertisement