Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i still get into college without meeting the required grade

• 16-06-2010 4:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

my leaving cert is nearly over and i did OL maths. i'm 90% sure i failed maths and i need it for all the courses on my cao.

Comments

I don't know all that much about it to be honest, but I'm fairly sure if it's needed then.. well.. you'll need it.

You may have to repeat or wait until you're a mature student, in which case I believe that the entrance prerequisites are different (although again, if maths is a big part of the course, then I'm sure they'll want some sort of certification).

I don't really know what I'm talking about though, to be honest. I'm very vague on this, but I'm sure another poster will set you right :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

kingsley16 wrote: »
    my leaving cert is nearly over and i did OL maths. i'm 90% sure i failed maths and i need it for all the courses on my cao.
    Some colleges offer special maths exams in September for students in this predicament.

Check the website of the college(s) you have applied to (probably under Admissions or Prospective Students or some such heading), or give them a ring. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

kingsley16 wrote: »

It sadddens me to say that I'm in the same boat as you are. I'm hopin I passed maths and English. If not I'll b going to NCI DBS ITB. I want to do accointing and maths is compulsory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

If all else fails, it's a year out for you and you can repeat maths on it's own next year to meet the required grade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Blushingblue

Some colleges offer special maths exams in September for students in this predicament.

Check the website of the college(s) you have applied to (probably under Admissions or Prospective Students or some such heading), or give them a ring. :)

A few people in my class in college sat something like this too. It's worth having a look at so that you are not ending up repeating over it.

• Advertisement

And some colleges, IT's in particular actually allow you to do the maths exam in their college if you don't meet entry requirements otherwise..

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭neiler987

And some colleges, IT's in particular actually allow you to do the maths exam in their college if you don't meet entry requirements otherwise..

do u know if tallaght IT have one ????

neiler987 wrote: »

Have you thought of checking their website / contacting them directly?! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

there was a fella in my school hu needed a min A2 in pass maths or mn D3 in honours.. he decided to do honours nd he failed.. he stil got his course but he sat maths again this yr

• Registered Users Posts: 14 woopah

You don't need Irish for NUIG :)
    Or for all ITs..
    But if you were dead set on those courses, you could go back and just repeat maths next year and keep your same points :)

• Advertisement

bubblz wrote: »
    there was a fella in my school hu needed a min A2 in pass maths or mn D3 in honours.. he decided to do honours nd he failed.. he stil got his course but he sat maths again this yr
    Less of the textspeak, PLEASE, bubblz! :)

neiler987 wrote: »
    Have you thought of checking their website / contacting them directly?! :)

Nor jumping to agree with randy, but you'll have to contact them. At the end of the day, they want to help you to get in.

Advertisement