Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones Then and Now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Great stuff, thanks. Love comparing then and now shots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Great post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

Excellent stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

unfortunately you may see a big difference in a couple of years in any of the shots with the Grand\La Touche Hotel in them.

great shots though - thanks for posting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Fantastic post. Thanks for sharing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Great shots and nicely processed, your pics are just like the originals. Thanks for taking the time and also sharing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sagat2

Fantastic job, thanks for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

Great Work poldebruin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Cheers, I've always loved then and now photos, pity I couldn't get any shots from around the Harbour with all the construction - maybe when it's finished, but there won't be much recognisable at that point.

It will be sad to see the La Touche go - I hope they use the space well, not just more apartments.

I'll probably pick a few of Bray from the National archive and do something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Good job and thanks.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

These pics are fantastic. What a shame about the La Touche. It looks so grand and elegant in the old pics. If I won the lotto I'd restore it to its former glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tomato

Amazing to compare. Glad Greystones has held on to much of its former glory.. such a lovely lovely place. Thanks for these :)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

in picture 5 with the hotel there. Is that a barrier or a wall of some sorts in the background?

is it there now?

Advertisement