Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Carbon Rim Brake Pad

• 16-06-2010 6:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭

I have bontrager carbon stop pads on my bontrager aeolus 5's and dont really rate the pads , hate using the wheels if its wet out because i think the braking is a joke in the wet

So what pad is everyone using on their carbon rims ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Swissstop yellows are generally regarded as good stoppers for carbon - pricey though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Are there pads which are suitable for both carbon and alloy braking surfaces? Something which you can just leave on the bike and not have to change if you swap wheels out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Raam wrote: »
    Are there pads which are suitable for both carbon and alloy braking surfaces? Something which you can just leave on the bike and not have to change if you swap wheels out.

Thats would not be the best way to go as bits of metal can be left on the brake pad and can ruin the carbon rim when swapped.

Swiss Stop yellow are by far the best pad for carbon rims

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

I was told that DT swiss are swisstops renamed and mavic yellow are swisstop renamed is this true ?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

levitronix wrote: »
    I was told that DT swiss are swisstops renamed and mavic yellow are swisstop renamed is this true ?

yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

This must be a trick question. Just to echo what everyone else here is saying Swisstop Yellow are the only good Carbon pads. I have used the Corima/Zipp/Dura Ace/Equinox and a few others and all are poor, they kind of work, but I did not realise how poor they were until I used the yellows. Worth every penny.

They can also be used with Aluminium rims although again as previously mentioned I would be real careful to take out any aluminium shards that get embedded in them. Generally its probably a risk not worth taking.

Have the credit card out and just bought the mavic yellow pads, swisstops out of stock

el tonto wrote: »
    yes

Your dead right got them today it says mavic on one side and swistop on the other, and the mavic ones are 5€ cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

I was thinking of getting the green ones for my alu rims do mavic make green ones that are 5 yo yos cheaper ?

Havent seen them for sale, but i have the green for my other wheels, and OMG the yellow are some set of stoppers am so pleased with them well worth the €39

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Will definitely invest in them, me being a bit of a miser though i have to wait until the brake pads i have on are worn down another bit.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

CRC sell Swissstop Yellow as DT RRC1250 for literally half the price. I have them myself and use with both carbon and alu braking surfaces.

Advertisement