Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tours from Darwin to Uluru Alice Springs

Options
  • 16-06-2010 7:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Has anyone done any tours of the above. Ive looked into a few of them and they are a bit expensive. Id like to do these places now as the weather would be suitable. What would people recommend? I was thinking of flying into Darwin..do a tour of it and kakadu and the other areas, then maybe fly down to alice springs. Would I be better to just do a tour down to Alice Springs?? Just not very keen on spending ages in the back of a bus driving over rough terrain. Trying to keep the cost down on this one. Id love to see Kakadu and the crocs etc. Any ideas would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 nialinho

I did the kakadu tour, darwin->alice springs tour, and ayers rock/kings canyon tour a few years ago. From what i remember, the price of a darwin->alice flight was pretty similar to the tour(remember food + accom is included) so if you have the time(3 days) i'd go with the tour. The terrain isn't rough at all actually. Its a typical road, albeit very long and straight. It can get a bit boring at times (scenery is more or less the same for the whole trip) but there are a few nice stops along the way to break the journey and you'll meet others on the bus and make your own entertainment with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

If you can skip the darwin -> Alice spring drive, it is just pretty much 48hrs of driving,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Ya I'm thinking of skipping Alice Springs/Uluru... it seems you would be driving for 5/6 hrs a day at least. Not ideal when the scenery isn't changing and you're holed up in the back of a bus. If I was driving I wouldn't mind.
    The flights in and out of there are ok depending where and who you fly with. If you want cheap flights tiger into Alice is the only option it seems. Alice seems to be about 3 hours from Ulara (??), the town near Uluru. Quantas fly into here but the prices are very dear

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

VirginBlue have flights for 180 one way sydney-> Uluru think that is august though .. that is good value

Advertisement