Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any issues on Vodafone DSL this morning ?

• 16-06-2010 8:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Morning !

From home (vodafone DSL) I was unable to access kotaku.com, facebook, twitter, gmail partially loaded , but I could connect to boards.ie, rte.ie (irish sites). I did a tracert on kotaku and it dropped on the 4th hop, but picked up again 2 hops later, and then just dropped completely. I'm using google DNS and it had no issues doing lookups.

I'm now in work (eircom ISP), also using google DNS, and all of the above sites work fine. Just curious if its a vodafone router issue ? or if anyone else is having issues.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Same issue in the midlans with Vodafone. I'm not happy and this better be sorted out soon.
    Just entered into a contract with them. Im an Ejjit.

Edit: Using OpenDns done nothing. Still no sites working properly outside of ie domain. Even the ie domain loads slow.
    FUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

im having the same issue, on vodafone based in waterford. comes as no surprise its a vodafone issue. time to get off my arse and move to someone more reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭pricewise987

im having the same issue, on perlico based in kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 16 antonian

Yes ondafly, I'm having a similar experience on Vodafone (Co. Laois). I can get into Gmail fine and most .ie sites but anything else fails completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Same here (Brittas Co Dublin exchange).

Im on Vodafone but cant access any sites outside of ireland. Noticed first when my internet radio couldnt access BBC...

Is this just a Vodafone issue or is it all ISPs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Cyclonius

Same experience here in Cavan on Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Javan

Same. I'm on Perlico in the midlands. Some Irish and UK sites are working OK but most of the net seems inaccessible.

Someone in Vodafone mess up a routing table?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Yup. Vodafone Dublin very limited service here this morning.
    Cal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Vodafone Limerick same issue.

Even Irish sites can be slooooooooooooooooooowwww

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

And here too in Limerick on vodafone...:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Ditto on Vodafone fixed broadband, in Trim Co. Meath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Same in Carrickmacross - was getting nothing first thing but managed to get boards, rte and irishtimes when I restarted the router

Javan wrote: »
    Same. I'm on Perlico in the midlands. Some Irish and UK sites are working OK but most of the net seems inaccessible.

Someone in Vodafone mess up a routing table?

Not unless they were working at 5am....which id have thought was unlikely...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Check out the upload speed!
    848956781.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

Same here in Dublin -- with Vodafone and most sites wont load...

Anyone know/can findout, how long its going to be till this is sorted?

As i typed, it seems to have returned to (ab)normal....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Aye, same problems, on Vodafone in Tuam...decided to wreck my head and go playing with settings and crap, at least I know I ain't the only one suffering! I'm not sure why only Boards.ie and google and a few other sites work...

The problem seems to be with .uk sites...I can access US and european sites but not (for example) bbc.co.uk

Aye, same problems, on Vodafone in Tuam...decided to wreck my head and go playing with settings and crap, at least I know I ain't the only one suffering! I'm not sure why only Boards.ie and google and a few other sites work...

They are .ie domains. We seem to be on a limited network that doesn't get the rest of the world. OR maybe the rest of the world doesn't get us. We have been cast out. Stripped of our crappy social networking sites and news sites besides RTE(shudder).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

so I'm not alone :D

Its a router issue alright, dunno who's router though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

btw in future - this is a useful site to help you troubleshoot

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Not our routers by the looks of things.....my guess is that somewhere somebody was doing a nixer in a JCB on the quiet and......ahem!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Can't get play.com, speedtest.net at all. Facetube and the beeb are intemittent as is twitter.

On Eircom meself using openDNS.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Same in Roscommon beeb,fb etc all down

Im taking a wild guess and saying that any of the intermittent/unavailable sites are UK based?

I can access speedtest.net but not facebook...but I can access youtube..

Mike... wrote: »
    Same in Roscommon beeb,fb etc all down

Who is your provider?
    I've created a thread here for vodafone users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,566 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Same here in Fermoy, Cork. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Who is your provider?
    I've created a thread here for vodafone users.

vodafone/bt :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Same in Maynooth, pity I didn't see this thread before rebooting everything twice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

Found this on there site...
    My Vodafone at Home broadband has stopped working. Why?

We are currently carrying out essential maintenance to our network and as this is progressed, some areas may experience a temporary outage. For more information, please call customer care on 1907.

[HTML]http://carecentre.vodafone.ie/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=2196&CONFIGURATION=1000&PARTITION_ID=1&selectedArticleId=2196[/HTML]

if anyone has called the number can you let us know what they told you :P

Advertisement