Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any issues on Vodafone DSL this morning ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

I can't even get Vodafones site to load! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Yep, vodafone in shannon ****e this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Yip, vodafone service is affected in Galway too. If I have to travel into Galway to work, I'll friggin charge Vodafone the cost of >50 miles in petrol!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

seems to work fine on vodafone 3G modem, but home DSL = fail

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭crótach

I'm not sure if this is vodafone issue only, I'm on eircom broadband (fixed line) and pretty much everything except Irish sites is inaccessible. I can get on to boards and google.ie, but can't get on EA for example.

Lookups through opendns are working fine and names are being resolved.
    Traceroute shows a complete break after the xxx.dublin.eircom.net hop.

Have we been severed from the rest of the world?

EDIT: German sites work too. Someone else reported UK is working as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭prioryc

i'm with Eircom and having the same issues some load most wont tho ...glad to know i'm not alone...suffering from ****ty service

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

Yeah, Vodafone in Mullinavat here - really patchy routing this morning. Assumed it was just me, restarted stuff a bunch of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭travist

okay, this happened before.

i called them this morning and after explaining for 15 mins, the guy said he just got an email about this.

I am getting a refund for the time that the internet is unavailable. I suggest everyone calls vodafone and does the same. Shoddy service. Pick up your phone and call them, otherwise it will happen again in a few weeks or months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭fergalfrog

travist wrote: »
    okay, this happened before.

i called them this morning and after explaining for 15 mins, the guy said he just got an email about this.

I am getting a refund for the time that the internet is unavailable. I suggest everyone calls vodafone and does the same. Shoddy service. Pick up your phone and call them, otherwise it will happen again in a few weeks or months.

This is not limited to Vodafone - see other threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Would filter bypass sites work? Like the ones people use to access facebook in work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭Waternews

Same for me in Greystones. I'm on Vodafone.
    It happened yesterday morning too, but seemed to resolve itself around 9.30 - so I thought it was just me.

At least I can get on to boards

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭crótach

Ah, I got it working again. Used a VPN service that I normally just use for Hulu etc, and the web is working again. A bit slower granted, but at least I can access all the sites now.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭travist

fergalfrog wrote: »
    This is not limited to Vodafone - see other threads.

Well, Vodafone can take it up with their provider. I pay them for a service.

travist wrote: »
    Well, Vodafone can take it up with their provider. I pay them for a service.

True - I guess your contract is with them. I was just pointing out that Vodafone ppl are not alone! Reported now across a number of ISP's/configurations etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Same for me. Can't access some other countries. Although my phone, on O2, seems to have full access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

And a few minutes later, it's coming back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SkatesOn

It's back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Anyone get through to vodafone? Mailed them a while ago, no acknowledgement. Called and gave up after 5 minutes on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

back on BT

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Normal service has resumed for me on Eircom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 WreckinBar

I am having the same problems with vodafone in Ballaghaderreen. I called vodafone support (1800225588) and the guy said that there is an issue with a (red herring??) servers in Dublin, and they have had their technical team down there working on it since 8:30. He said that using other DNS services won't fix the problem, as I am using Google DNS and Vodafone DNS.

I only noticed the problem when my Internet radio alarm clock didn't wake me up!

I only noticed the problem when my Internet radio alarm clock didn't wake me up!

What a great excuse - "sorry I'm late, the internet was down"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

lol ya looks to be back up, now we wait and hope it stays this way...!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Guys anyone having upload speed issues since these problems this morning? My upload has been crap all day. Download speed fine, and all sites working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Upload fine in Maynooth on vodafone

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Upload fine in Maynooth on vodafone

Thanks. Looks like it's just me. :( Seems suspicious that it was fine for months up until the other problems this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Vodafone had a major DNS issue effecting all customers this morning between about 8:30 and 11:00am. All sorted now tho it looks like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Vodafone had a major DNS issue effecting all customers this morning between about 8:30 and 11:00am. All sorted now tho it looks like.
    Have to disagree.

I have had problems ALL day and currently still experiencing them.

Its on/off - speeds desperately VERY slow (paying for their top service!).
    Its so bad its fcuking crazy.

I have businesses to run and websites to update.
    Something better get sorted rapid with the source of the problem or I will be switching providers within 24 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

On vodafone in DunLaoghaire, I can't access anything. Like the felleh above me, I need this connection for tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 LameWorldCup

BT Broadband in Dun Laoghaire-hardly worked all day, with only the very odd brief connection. Still off!

BT is same as Vodafone now,no? Or am I in the wrong place?

Advertisement