Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jelly fish

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭yankinlk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I saw one of those off Dalkey island a couple of years ago. We were out at high tide and the change swept him past us at some speed. Nasty looking thing, about 5ft long.

They can't sting through a wetsuit though can they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I saw one of those off Dalkey island a couple of years ago. We were out at high tide and the change swept him past us at some speed. Nasty looking thing, about 5ft long.

They can't sting through a wetsuit though can they?

Not through a wetsuit, but what can happen is that a diver pushes the tentacle out of his/her way with a gloved hand, and the tentacle breaks off and remains attached to the glove. Then after surfacing the diver removes their mask and wipes their nose with the back of their glove.....

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

These buggers can grow to 12ft in length :eek:
    Q: What's the average viz in Dublin???
    A: Oh Dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

12ft tentacles?? sure how could you get away from that!! the guy in the article he was surrounded by 200 of them:eek: i'd love to see one though - yep one would be enough:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement