Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom broadband issues - can't access sites outside of ireland

• 16-06-2010 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

I'm not sure if this is an eircom issue only, I'm on DSL and pretty much everything except Irish sites is inaccessible. I can get on to boards and google.ie, but can't get on EA for example.

Lookups through opendns are working fine and names are being resolved.
    Traceroute shows a break after the b-ras1.blp.dublin.eircom.net hop.

Have we been severed from the rest of the world?

EDIT: just checked again, for a brief moment I got through to the external sites but it's gone again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭antocann

give eircom a ring see if they can sort you out , it sounds like a problem there end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

I'm with Vodaphone and same problem. Loojing at the board here seems to be the problem everybody is having.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭fergalfrog

It is not limited to just Eircom...

See this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055941741

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭prioryc

were on EircoN and having the same issue ...luckily i can get to boards and see i'm not alone !

cant access american,uk sites ..same oops chrome cannot connect with .....

Nor it is just 'sites outside ireland'

http://www.smh.com.au/ works fine (Australia).

Someone has pulled out the wrong cable somewhere or maybe it is another Pakistan type blocking accident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Kilo

Same with me (Perlico). So far: BBC website, SKY, facebook etc. Pretty much anything with an address that resolves outside these shores.

Somebody tripped over a wire methinks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭crótach

Looking at the traceroutes all I can tell so far is that anything going over sprintlink is having issues. Which is mostly US as far as I know.

Poo.

fergalfrog wrote: »
    Nor it is just 'sites outside ireland'

http://www.smh.com.au/ works fine (Australia).

Someone has pulled out the wrong cable somewhere or maybe it is another Pakistan type blocking accident.

That address resolves inside Ireland.

crótach wrote: »
    Looking at the traceroutes all I can tell so far is that anything going over sprintlink is having issues. Which is mostly US as far as I know.

Poo.

Well for me, the addresses aren't even resolving never mind getting on the first leg of a traceroute.

A DNS server (or a bunch of them) have gone on holidays.

All seems to be ok again - I can again access all addresses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement