Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England -v- Algeria, Fri 7:30pm RTE & ITV HD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Capello says :. I can change the tactics, I will try to do something different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

England are now double ****e, how this team got to the WC is a mystery

Eh it isn't a mystery they scored about 25 goals and won all but one game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,526 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ah I think he has got a point. Why did the fans travel all the way to SA to boo the team after playing badly. I've never booed my own team even after brutal games but have been there when it happened other teams and it's not helpful.

If I spent that much money in getting out to SA alone, let alone travelling around the country and paying into the matches, to witness something like that...they have every right to be furious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,467 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Headshot wrote: »
    I would have lennon in Gerrards position and Gerrard in lamps position, Lampard has to be dropped for me
    Rooney needs crosses, not a winger constantly running into the defender. Gerrard would provide the crosses; he's the best in the squad fir it. If lamps was robe dropped, and bring in milner, playing him either out wide or through the centre. Swapping with gerrard, maybe, in the formation I posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I feel so sorry for Rooney

that injury has wrecked his wc so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Did RTE show the Rooney interview?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Ah I think he has got a point. Why did the fans travel all the way to SA to boo the team after playing badly. I've never booed my own team even after brutal games but have been there when it happened other teams and it's not helpful.

Yeah but those fans spent so much money going to SA and then England perform like that? Absolutely no passion or urgency not to mention a complete lack of skill.

I've never booed my team before either. but at least with Ireland you know that even if the quality is not always there, 100% effort is guaranteed.

Multiple England players basically threw that game. I think I'd be booing if I spent thousands to support them.

And Rooney should be concentrating on his own abysmal performance and not the fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

RTE panel having a go Rooney performance. To be honest Rooney head was not in the game. I wonder was his injury towards the latter part of the season getting to him. Did he rush his come back for the World Cup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

To paraphrase Barry Glendenning the only Englishman happy with that performance is Robert Green.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Can't just be down to that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Rooney wasn't interviewed, he just said something to the camera, which RTE showed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Rooneys performances really puzzle me, Im not a Man U fan but rooney is a player i respect resolutely. He always gives 100% for them and that is admirable. I have never seen a performance like that from him. Its quite frankly disappointing and baffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Is anyone surprised by the performance ? The midfield isn't what the individuals make it.Unless he goes 451 there is a good chance they will go out.Dare i say Carrick needs to be brought in and Lampard dropped.Any midfield 4 with Gerrard and Lampard in it is not playing to eithers abilities.

Best league in the world eh ? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Than why did he not start Defoe?

Was it Berlusconi's riches (and fixing matches) that made Capello look a better manager then deserved?

No. They only showed Rooney saying something to the camera as he was walking off the pitch. Judging by the expression on his face, he was not polite. It a good thing for him that there was no microphone nearby.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Rooney wasn't interviewed, he just said something to the camera, which RTE showed.

What was the reaction on Bog 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

rooney knows the team around him is not setup right.

the best striker in the world is been matched with a clumsey, striker with no link up skills and no first touch, the midfield is all over the place.

building a team around heskey and not rooney is just down right stupid and people moaning about rooney, unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

320x.jpg

hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Rooney has some neck to complain about the fans. He gave the ball away all night long. I don't think he kept possession once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

England - Slovenia is gonna be a belter. England draw and they're out?? Too knackered to do the maths.

• Advertisement

Rooney needs crosses, not a winger constantly running into the defender. Gerrard would provide the crosses; he's the best in the squad fir it. If lamps was robe dropped, and bring in milner, playing him either out wide or through the centre. Swapping with gerrard, maybe, in the formation I posted.

tbf Lennon was pinging them in before he got injured, gerrard is a very bad crosser mitch, just look at his corner kicks. I'd agree with your point on milner thou he would of brought some creativity to this team

i was thinking during the game, capello should of asked scholes earlier to come back to the england team, it would of been an ideal game for him tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

It's more than an injury wrecking his World Cup. He's having more than a helpong hand in it himself.

M5 wrote: »
    What was the reaction on Bog 2?

They just said he was rubbish, didn't really talk about what he said. Where's Eamo tonight, he would have been on flying form :(

320x.jpg

hahaha

Welcome to Last week :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Without the sound

d22ontour wrote: »
    Is anyone surprised by the performance ? The midfield isn't what the individuals make it.Unless he goes 451 there is a good chance they will go out.Dare i say Carrick needs to be brought in and Lampard dropped.Any midfield 4 with Gerrard and Lampard in it is not playing to eithers abilities.

Best league in the world eh ? :p

Yes, you're spot on.

whining about defoe/crouch/ronney et al is just pointless, the midfield is a shambles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Rooney said on ITV HD
    "Nice to see home fans booing their team, proper football supporters"

Already missing Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

NO WAGS! that's why they're so sh*te!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

England - Slovenia is gonna be a belter. England draw and they're out?? Too knackered to do the maths.

They have to beat Slovenia because USA have scored more goals!

• Advertisement

They just said he was rubbish, didn't really talk about what he said. Where's Eamo tonight, he would have been on flying form :(

Eamon is not a man to shy away from kicking a man when he's down, thats for sure.

The Sun will be read in depth tomorrow, im sure laughing will ensue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

limklad wrote: »
    No. They only showed Rooney saying something to the camera as he was walking off the pitch. Judging by the expression on his face, he was not polite. It a good thing for him that there was no microphone nearby.

There was, he said "its nice to see your own fans booing ya, wonderful (or terrible not sure which) Support"

Slovenia have 4 points.
    USA have 2 points.
    Algeria have 1 point.
    England have 2 points.

England need to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

wow at rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

ntlbell wrote: »

the best striker in the world is been matched

rooney best striker in the world :D you coleen by any chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,392 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Gotta love Bill, was close to giggling when he was saying ''watch this'' before the rooney clip :D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

They showed some clip of him saying" nice to see your own fans booing you. ****s sake"

ragg wrote: »
    There was, he said "its nice to see your own fans booing ya, wonderful (or terrible not sure which) Support"

+ "fcuk sake" at the end

Slovenia have 4 points.
    USA have 1 point.
    Algeria have 1 point.
    England have 1 point.

England need to win.

usa have two?

england have two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,526 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Slovenia have 4 points.
    USA have 1 point.
    Algeria have 1 point.
    England have 1 point.

England need to win.

USA and England with 2pts. each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Not if the US draw too, and England draw something like 4-4, so to answer your question ... YES!

• Advertisement

ragg wrote: »
    Without the sound
    M5 wrote: »
    Eamon is not a man to shy away from kicking a man when he's down, thats for sure.

The Sun will be read in depth tomorrow, im sure laughing will ensue

They got the sounds, and the panel said they deserved to be booed.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Can't just be down to that..
    has to be something, idk who this Rooney is who played in the last 2 games
    not man utd Rooney that's for sure
    for me he's not 100% fit
    Than why did he not start Defoe?

I just dont know, maybe he's so important to the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Slovenia have 4 points.
    USA have 1 point.
    Algeria have 1 point.
    England have 1 point.

England need to win.

USA and England have 2 points, but they still need to win regardless.

the best striker in the world is been matched with a clumsey, striker with no link up skills and no first touch, the midfield is all over the place.

building a team around heskey and not rooney is just down right stupid and people moaning about rooney, unbelievable
    Midfield was very lacking (absent minded) for him. But still Rooney have far done more even less support at Man United.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Jaysus, just seen Rooney shouting abuse at the camera. What was that about?! He'll get crucified for that.
    (just heard what he was saying, complaining about the fans booing)

He played poor but wasn't the worst, Heskey and Lampard were.

Ah George "we had no control over that" feck off!

rossie1977 wrote: »
    rooney best striker in the world :D you coleen by any chance

One of, to keep the peace ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Drogba doesnt play for England.

usa have two?

england have two?
    Mushy wrote: »
    USA and England with 2pts. each.

Dunno what you're talking about, it says 2 up there :D

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Slovenia have 4 points.