Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England -v- Algeria, Fri 7:30pm RTE & ITV HD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Rooney wasn't interviewed, he just said something to the camera, which RTE showed.

From what I picked up he said:

"Nice to see home fans boo ya, fcuk sake, fcuking cnuts"

And he claims he doesnt have a disclipline problem :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Archimedes wrote: »
    USA and England have 2 points, but they still need to win regardless.

Liar. My table was always correct :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Headshot wrote: »
    has to be something, idk who this Rooney is who played in the last 2 games
    not man utd Rooney that's for sure
    for me he's not 100% fit

It's Capello's system. It can make any player look crap. Rooney and Lampard off the season of their careers, and now look at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

delighted he said it...
    I hate it when supporters do that, the team are already demoralised enough the last thing they need is the supporters booing them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

limklad wrote: »
    Midfield was very lacking (absent minded) for him. But still Rooney have far done more even less support at Man United.

It's very very rare rooney will play in an unbalanced united side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Drogba doesnt play for England.

or Diego Forlan :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Harpy wrote: »
    delighted he said it...
    I hate it when supporters do that, the team are already demoralised enough the last thing they need is the supporters booing them..

They spent a fortune going to Africa/buying tickets for that ****e. I would boo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

What a coincidence!

The boys in green beat France last night.

The boys in green hold England to a 0-0 draw tonight. (causing them much embarrassment)

Algeria were very comfortable on the ball. As bad as England were/ are, let's not forget the Algerians composure and crisp passing.

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Drogba doesnt play for England.

no the clumsey one i was talking about was heskey ;)

it's ok, easy mistake to make

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It's Capello's system. It can make any player look crap. Rooney and Lampard off the season of their careers, and now look at them.

i agree capello's system is brutal but that doesnt make up for Rooneys awful touch, passing and lacklustre performance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Good to see the English media once again single-handedly dismantling any chance the team had at a decent World Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    If I was Capello I would have told that ITV reporter to drop the attitude, regardless of what you think of his team's performance tonight you can't treat Capello like a ****ing school boy.
    To be fair English is only his second language

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Holland look the top dogs from what I have seen and thats without even playing well bar 15mins!

What a coincidence!

The boys in green hold England to a 0-0 draw tonight. (causing them much embarrassment)

Algeria were very comfortable on the ball. As bad as England were/ are, let's not forget the Algerians composure and crisp passing.

hows nigera getting on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Noel Gallagher is gonna be on James Corden live thingy. Dont hold back now Noel ;) Get the swear filter ready...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Funny ole World Cup, hard to pick any team playing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    To be fair English is only his second language

He speaks Spanish as well from his 2 stints at Real Madrid, so its his 3rd language (though he speaks Spanish fluently weirdly)

Absolute effing disgrace from England, Lampard with 25+ goals per season, Gerrard normally with 20+, Rooney with 25+ at least. Yet can't score against a bunch of French lads playing for Algeria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Columbia wrote: »
    Good to see the English media once again single-handedly dismantling any chance the team had at a decent World Cup.
    The team are doing it themselves this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

There's a lot more to it then that. A system can't make Rooney first touch got to pot. He just gave up today. We never have seen that from him before. Its like he didn't care.

Regardless of the system Capello played he must take responsibility for his lack of effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Would i be right in saying that if england draw with slovenia and USA beat algeria, then england won't qualify for the last 16???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Would i be right in saying that if england draw with slovenia and USA beat algeria, then england won't qualify for the last 16???

Yup

If England draw, they are out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

This is it, every England manager for the last decade has played the same crap system and it has never won them anything, Heskey is nothing more than a Donkey, the fact that he's needed in the system must indicate they need a new tactics.

Didn't see Spain or Germany being booed off the pitch the past couple of days despite worse results. He has a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

To be honest, all of the teams in this group look like getting no further than the last 16!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Lukker- wrote: »
    Funny ole World Cup, hard to pick any team playing well.

argentina not playing too badly ;)

will be interesting to see how many european teams make it as far as the quarters, as usual they are not travelling well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

John <3 Didi

Sorry Eamonn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    If England draw, they are out.

Mathematically, not so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Bill O'Herlihy claims "We got an interpretation of what Wayne Rooney said to the camera"

The clip they showed had Sound not interpretation!!
    "Nice to see a home crowd booing ya, that Coloured supporters. f*ck sake"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

England have to win, irrespective of other match. Anything worse and they are out.

• Advertisement

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    There's a lot more to it then that. A system can't make Rooney first touch got to pot. He just gave up today. We never have seen that from him before. Its like he didn't care.

Regardless of the system Capello played he must take responsibility for his lack of effort.

Right, but a terrible system that Rooney clearly see's as rubbish (he's even said himself he prefers playing on his own up front) would have a detrimental affect on confidence which means none of these things go your way. I know you expect world class players to rise above this, but you expect a so called world class manager to not to have his players forced to deal with that problem to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

That was the most boring match of the 2nd round of games by a mile as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,180 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I'd say USA to top the group with England 2nd now...unbelievable tonight though, This world cup is so surreal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Didn't see Spain or Germany being booed off the pitch the past couple of days despite worse results. He has a point.

Germany and Spain were a bit unlucky and were far better on the ball, and were against better teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

davyjose wrote: »
    Mathematically, not so.

Yeah, they'll go to 3 points. If USA win, they go through, if they draw, Usa go through, if they lose, ALgeria go through.

Germany and Spain played far, far superior to how England played today. Germany were downright robbed, and were still the better side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

james cordens thing on itv should be priceless after that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Well done RTE editorial team "will you still need me when im 64" :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Haha, quality closing from RTE with the "When I'm 64."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

IvySlayer wrote: »
    They spent a fortune going to Africa/buying tickets for that ****e. I would boo too.

well to be honest if i was playing in that english team i wouldn't give two f*cks what people paid i'd prefer them to stay at home if i hat to listen to that **** after loosing in the world cup, when your all ready feeling like crap and then the fans start booing.. The amount of pressure they're under they get **** from all angles in the media and then their "supporters" boo them off the field after them losing..I'd be fed up too...
    I think the supporters would get a much better reaction from the team in the next match if they were all chanting and supporting them at the end of that match.Yeah its hard to do after watching a terrible game like that but your a supporter you get behind the team..

Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah, they'll go to 3 points. If USA win, they go through, if they draw, Usa go through, if they lose, ALgeria go through.

If the US draw, and England draw 8-8 England will go through on goals scored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Spain have played one game so far if they don't win the second things could get ugly! Germany have a win so things are not yet too bad for them. Also there are far more England supporters in SA then any other country bar the hosts as far as I can tell so they make more noise when they are angry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

What a coincidence!

The Algerians learn a lot against their match against Ireland. The last 20 mins of the Ireland Match the Algerians were losing their temper with frustration. It's great to see they kept it together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

curry-muff wrote: »
    From what I picked up he said:

"Nice to see home fans boo ya, fcuk sake, fcuking cnuts"

And he claims he doesnt have a disclipline problem :pac:

that's not what he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

What would happen if England drew 2-2 and the USA drew 0-0.Both teams would have the exact same results.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The problem with English players going back 20 years goes far far deeper than whether they play 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or whatever.

They are technically inferior to pretty much every team in the competition. They don't play with patience. They never seem comfortable on the ball. They're not clever footballers. When is the last time they produced a proper playmaker who can pull the strings in the centre of the park? I counted in the second half 11 long balls lumped forward by the kpper or defenders to the strikers, which in this day and age and at this level was appalling.

The fact that a well past hus best Paul Scholes (by far the most accomplished English midfielder since Gazza) was caled upon at the last minute by Capello tells it all tbh.

None of this will change until English coaches and teh FA take a long hard look at the type and calibre of footballer they're currently producing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Columbia wrote: »
    Rubbish. It's the England players that are'nt good enough. How many good performances have we seen from them in the last few years. One off the top of my head. When are people just going to admit they are just not technically good enough on the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

titan18 wrote: »
    What would happen if England drew 2-2 and the USA drew 0-0.Both teams would have the exact same results.

They "draw lots"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

If the US draw, and England draw 8-8 England will go through on goals scored.

Not if the U.S.A draw 9-9. ;)

Mathematically, not so.

Fair enough. A 3-3 draw could put them through.

• Advertisement
Advertisement