Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England -v- Algeria, Fri 7:30pm RTE & ITV HD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

How would it be premeditated.
    England expects.
    They thought they were gonna lash Algeria, hence the frustration.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,597 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Mr Alan wrote: »
    fans who boo are idiots imo, except in exceptional circumstances.

paying thousands of your hard earned to get to a world cup and watch your country play only to see a large number of 'superstar' multi millionares hardly appear to put in any effort would probably qualify?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Mr Alan wrote: »
    fans who boo are idiots imo, except in exceptional circumstances.

Also fans who travel halfway across the world, spending thousands of pounds to do so, to see the exact same bunch of players who have played muck footbll at the last three tournaments and suddenly expect them to be world beaters, are also idiots. :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Appalling performance from England tonight, truly appalling :mad:

Boooooooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    The FA have come out with a statement saying that the English World Cup campaign can be salvaged. They have managed to get a refund on the hotel they were planning on staying in for the World Cup final.

On the performances thus far, there is two chances of this England team making it beyond the last 16. Lets not forget if they do manage to scrape through, they will probably face the Germans.

copacetic wrote: »
    paying thousands of your hard earned to get to a world cup and watch your country play only to see a large number of 'superstar' multi millionares hardly appear to put in any effort would probably qualify?

They should have looked at their previous performances at major tournaments and realised this team simply isn't very good and adjusted their expectations accordingly tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

flahavaj wrote: »
    Also fans who travel halfway across the world, spending thousands of pounds to do so, to see the exact same bunch of players who have played muck footbll at the last three tournaments and suddenly expect them to be world beaters, are also idiots. :pac::pac:
    What a ridiculous statement...they didn't qualify for the last tournament:D:D

Ush1 wrote: »
    Sorry no you're wrong, I never implied it was premeditated.

You did imply he was doing it to cover up his sh*t performance which would in itself require some form of premeditative, nay cognitive if not cerebral machination.:pac:

Which for a man who signs autographs for the other punters while sitting in the waiting room of an pensioner's whore-house is giving him far more credit than he deserves tbh.

They should have looked at their previous performances at major tournaments and realised this team simply isn't very good and adjusted their expectations accordingly tbh.

yeah, but 'boooooooo!' is easier to synchronise than ' You know what? We should have looked at our previous performances at major tournaments and realised this team simply isn't very good and adjusted our expectations'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

the ability is there imo

Is anybody else beginning to wonder if Capello can speak English?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

You did imply he was doing it to cover up his sh*t performance which would in itslef require some form of premeditative, nay cognitive if not cerebral machination.:pac:

No it wouldn't, you're saying that as if him saying anything would have been pre meditated. In fact if you re read the post I state it doesn't take brains, implying that I was removing premeditation. It's a simple weak pathetic deflection, if he had of been honest and said what was true he would have said I was ****e. Not lip quivering about fans booing. If you call that premeditated mind manipulation, I can introduce you to some 4 year olds who are masters of it. But 4 olds, like Rooney, will say a bigger boy did it.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Is anybody else beginning to wonder if Capello can speak English?
    Doesn't matter, sure Rooney and Gerrard don't really speak it either

nuxxx wrote: »
    the ability is there imo

Yet they never show it. They are badly lacking in several key departments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Heard a rumour that a disgruntled England fan got into the England dressing room after the match and had a go at one of the England players. Anyone hear about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

England Fan breaks into England Dressin room, on SSN now!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Yet they never show it. They are badly lacking in several key departments.

I personally think they need a man manger someone like Harry redknapp would do a great job imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

nuxxx wrote: »
    the ability is there imo

Many of these players already played in World Cups and European Championships and didn't live up to the hype, so it is debatable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

M5 wrote: »

Booooo!!!

No it wouldn't, you're saying that as if him saying anything would have been pre meditated. In fact if you re read the post I state it doesn't take brains, implying that I was removing premeditation. It's a simple weak pathetic deflection, if he had of been honest and said what was true he would have said I was ****e. Not lip quivering about fans booing. If you call that premeditated mind manipulation. I can introduce you to some 4 year olds who are masters of it.

I think it was more just a hissy fit than deflection. He is prone to them after all.

I would agree that the average four year old is probably cleverer than Wayne though.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

It's mildly ironic that after all the worry about the GK it was the rest of the team that proved to be suspect. I can't see them failing to get out of the group, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Mister men wrote: »
    Heard a rumour that a disgruntled England fan got into the England dressing room after the match and had a go at one of the England players. Anyone hear about it?

Russell Brand? Hope Rooney stuck the head on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I hope they're deported, save the darlings their air fare home.

I think it was more just a hissy fit than deflection.

I would agree that the average four year old is probably cleverer than Wayne though.:pac:

A hissy fit IS frustration at your own ineptitude. Next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

M5 wrote: »

Dangerous. Not to mention really awkward! Wouldn't like to be a fly on that wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I thought Capello was a top class managers till the build up for this WC. The way he handled the squad announcement was a disgrace, not anouncing it for ages and then it turning out that he did not even ring the players he did not pick. His team selections have been baffling at best and not naming his team till they arrive at the stadium is ridiculous. England should have been going into this WC as favourites and should have reached at least the semi finals. At this stage it looks as likely that they will not even get out of the group. The players have to take a part of the blame but Capello's preparation and team management has been woeful.

The Muppet wrote: »
    I hope they're deported, save the darlings their air fare home.
    England players or the fan? :)

A hissy fit IS frustration at your own ineptitude. Next.

But thats not the same as deflecting from your own performance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Just back from soccer training, missed the game, absolutely shocking result!! Huge upset there, England are over hyped. Managed to see the first half hour of this game and they looked so nervous, couldn't do the basics right. Its a pity I really expected them to do well this year, theyre under severe pressure now going into the last game and they could well lose it!

I thought Capello was a top class managers till the build up for this WC. The way he handled the squad announcement was a disgrace, not anouncing it for ages and then it turning out that he did not even ring the players he did not pick. His team selections have been baffling at best and not naming his team till they arrive at the stadium is ridiculous. England should have been going into this WC as favourites and should have reached at least the semi finals. At this stage it looks as likely that they will not even get out of the group. The players have to take a part of the blame but Capello's preparation and team management has been woeful.
    We have ourselves a scapegoat...as always when they fail

• Advertisement

I don't agree. Capello is one of the best managers in the World. Problem is the England players are'nt good enough technically to compete at this level anymore. They seem to be unable to pass the ball to each other. It's that simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Can someone help me? During the match I heard the commentator say "liverpool don't do it,Chelsea don't do it,Spurs do it, United sometimes do it" What exactly is it that they do or don't do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Dressing room invader confronted Beckham!? You gotta love the England world cup sideshow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Can someone help me? During the match I heard the commentator say "liverpool don't do it,Chelsea don't do it,Spurs do it, United sometimes do it" What exactly is it that they do or don't do?

4-4-2 formation

4-4-2

Play 4-4-2, I presume because that was mentioned by some after that players were not used to that formation at club level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Headshot wrote: »
    4-4-2 formation

EDIT: Headshot just got a hard-on

Give Rooney a decent pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Fall in love?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I don't agree. Capello is one of the best managers in the World. Problem is the England players are'nt good enough technically to compete at this level anymore. They seem to be unable to pass the ball to each other. It's that simple.

England have better players than Heskey, it's Cappelos system that has the team play that way, when it obviously wasn't working tonigh what did he do, he made like for lilke substitutions , Lennon and Hesky off SWP and Crouch on wheres the variety in that?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

maybe they were just shouting boo-urns?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Play two centre forwards would be my guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Wheels are coming off the England bandwagon fairly quickly.

Really can't understand what Capello is at. Now, of course this is one of the best managers in the world, but it's baffling. Even his handling of the press has been strange, he's constantly having a go at them (most of them probably need a kicking anyways.. but you have to just get on with it).

That said, the players are not playing well at all. There's no cohesion or spirit in the side at all. It's as if they've gone over there thinking their work will start after the group stage.

As for the booing, it would've been nice to see one of the players have the balls to put his hands up and say 'look we were ****e tonight and against the US. We deserve the booing and it it does hurt'. But no, same old soundbites from Stevie G and others, and Rooney would want to look at his own game before having a go at the fans - and that's speaking as a United fan.

This 'team', if you could call it that, is going nowhere - except on holidays early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't blame Rooney tbh.

It at least he shows he gives a fcuk although he was poor tonight.
    He should really make it look like he gives a fuck during the 90 minutes then tbh. He was woeful tonight.

But thats not the same as deflecting from your own performance.

Explain to me the difference of rather than being honest and stating your own ineptitude you whine about fans booing, how in any way shape or form is that not deflecting.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I think the thing about the players not giving a fcuk is utter tripe in fairness.

Players not giving a fcuk you can place on france, but not england.

England have the players and the attitude, its just they never had a working formation to play to there strenghts.

Its not like rooney thinks in his head, ah well its only england and its only the world cup, i wont bother

His selections have contributed to the performance. Heskey should not be playing and not to bring on Joe Cole when you need a bit of creativity is baffling. SWP is a poorer version of Lennon, it was not like he was going to add something extra to the game. Crouch should be starting in these games, he has a phenonmenal goal record against the so called lower teams. Everyone and their son knows that Lampard and Gerrard can not play together and that Gerrard is wasted on the left. Capello has at his disposal players that had their best season and also players that top class. They should have a qualified for the knock outs without bother and with a chance to rotate the squad and try different formations. It has been as much a failure for him as it has for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Did anyone hear that on ITV? An England fan breached security and confronted the players in the dressing room.

Explain to me the difference of rather than being honest and stating your own ineptitude you whine about fans booing, how in any way shape or form is that not deflecting.:pac:

It was an outburst from a pretty stupid individual who wears his heart on his sleeve. Its not as if he was answering a question or being interviewed, he just shouted at a nearby camera in a fit of pique, so his being honest is a bit of a moot point.

You're taking a massive leap by suggesting anything other than that was on his mind tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Looks like a fan made his/her way into the England dressing room after the game......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8749232.stm

• Advertisement
Advertisement