Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England -v- Algeria, Fri 7:30pm RTE & ITV HD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Dreadful stuff so far. Still think England will win 1/2 nil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Agreed, the idea that he creates loads of chances for his teammates is a myth. 2 assists he got in 31 games last season. The moment against USA was a one-off against a poor side.

They need to build the team around Rooney, not Heskey.

I never stated that Heskey is that much of a player, but hes certainly been one of Englands better players this[and the last] game, compared to the likes of ,for example,Rooney, who just wants to shoot, never consider better options, and Lampard, who hasn't put in a quality performance for England in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Rooney is almost disinterested

Lennon and Lampard are unspeakably poor, Gerrard is no good out left, bring on Milner, drop Lampard move Gerrard central behind Rooney.

And move the ball quicker, there was a moment when Terry was in possession, with Cole loitering on the halfway line in space so Terry played the ball short, to Carra I think. FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Think Rooney is afraid to do anything cos of the attention drawn to his "temper".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Heskey has to be substitiuted lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

i think it's a pretty interesting game... but only out of morbid curiousity of how bad England could possibly sink to.

Really horrendous performance. So many players have failed to turn up. Feel bad for the fans who have paid so much for this.

Lampard has been the worst of a bad lot and Lennon has been anonymous.

Truly Awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

pity Eamo isnt there, HT would be so funny :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I reeeeeeeeeeally wish Dunphy was there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Dreadful stuff so far. Still think England will win 1/2 nil.

Its likely they will win this game, but its still not bodeing well for the rest of the tournament

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I never stated that Heskey is that much of a player, but hes certainly been one of Englands better players this[and the last] game, compared to the likes of ,for example,Rooney, who just wants to shoot, never consider better options, and Lampard, who hasn't put in a quality performance for England in a long time.

he setup the goal against USA great, one touch, and every other touch he had went to USA bar one header.

Tonight, same nonsense except it's not going to algeria OR england it's going out.

he's done _nothing_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,368 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

England are ****e

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Awful, awful performance so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

There is a chance of this England side if they get through meeting... Germany. Can you imagine the pace of that German side against England? You might see the revenge of the 5-1.

Headshot wrote: »
    pity Eamo isnt there, HT would be so funny :(

I bet he's leggin it to donnybrook now, scooped out of his head, to start doling out abuse to all and sundry day off or not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Reminds of their Trinidad and Tobago game four years ago,though I wouldn't be so sure England win!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

ragg wrote: »
    Its likely they will win this game, but its still not bodeing well for the rest of the tournament

I could have told you before the tournament started that they wouldn't win it, did you see any of their friendly games for instance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

WTF is Southgate wearing

you tell em john, nearly every clip there heskey gave the ball away :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

There is a chance of this England side if they get through meeting... Germany. Can you imagine the pace of that German side against England? You might see the revenge of the 5-1.

I am actually hoping this match happens

Heskey is a complete waste of space. Anyone could run around and lose the ball 90% of the time.

How is Joe Cole not in this team??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

Lampard and Heskey off. Cole and Crouch on. At least Crouch can direct his heads down to people, he has a good touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Heskey is garbage. They've got Defoe on the bench who scored plenty of goals this season, Crouch with a respectable international goals per game record, and yet Heskey plays who didn't score goals (he was lucky to play) and whose international goals per game record is woeful.

They deserve what they are getting. Amazes me that Heskey pulls the wool over so many people's eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Christ above this is shockin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Archimedes wrote: »
    I reeeeeeeeeeally wish Dunphy was there
    This

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

For those of us stuck with RTÉ can somebody give a synopsis of what they're saying on ITV?

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    I could have told you before the tournament started that they wouldn't win it, did you see any of their friendly games for instance?

Sine John "shagger" Terry got stripped of his captaincy perchance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Capello is on the hot seat. England, the graveyard of managers.

Tactically Capello has messed up this whole thing. Great achievements at club level but his decision making at international level have been highly questionable.

Tactically Capello has messed up this whole thing. Great achievements at club level but his decision making at international level have been highly questionable.

What an understatement, *I* Could get this England team to the quarters/semi's and I Couldn't manage a bus stop FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Barry is playing excellent according to ITV, ITV quite positive on England's chances, only think they need to step it up a little bit and they will win it

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Barry is playing excellent according to ITV, ITV quite positive on England's chances, only think they need to step it up a little bit and they will win it

He was all right for 20 mins. No more.

Wonder if England fans miss Sven. Would be funny if Ivory Coast actually have a great run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

they should take rooney and heskey off in my opinion. Rooney looks slow and weak. Heskey is just not offering anything in this game

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

That was the worst half of football from England I have seen in the last decade.

They could win this 5-0 now, but it won't erase the shame of that first half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

I wonder is that bird still sitting on the net.

Tis a shame Scholes turned down the chance to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Wonder if England fans miss Sven. Would be funny if Ivory Coast actually have a great run.

It really seems the England job is an impossible one.
    Capello=great club record, poor decisions as England manager
    Sven= great club record, poor decisions as England manager

Even McClaren is having a good time at club management

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

For those of us stuck with RTÉ can somebody give a synopsis of what they're saying on ITV?

The usual whinging, though Keegan is trying to be his usual optimistic self, despite the evidence of his eyes. The thing that I can't get over is that they are still talking about winning the competition, 'we won't win the world cup if we play like this' sort of stuff. Truth is, they'll be lucky to get out of the group. Southgate was on about how much tougher it'll be later in the comp. You won't make it that far, mate.

Keegan wants Joe Cole on.

• Advertisement

Iang87 wrote: »
    they should take rooney and heskey off in my opinion. Rooney looks slow and weak. Heskey is just not offering anything in this game

what difference is it going to make when the real problems are in the midfield?

barry has been off the pace, lamps is a passenger, gerrard is out of position.

lennon's done SFA either.

Yeah that may be true. But all of those managers made simple mistakes as England manager and Capello seems to be doing the same.

I mean you can't blame a voodoo on the England job for picking Heskey.

The perfect manager for them is Mourinho, but they'll never get him. At least not until he is in his 60's or something, He has a fantastic relationship with the English press, has managed a lot of the top English players and pretty much knows everyones game inside and out.

no changes?

shambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Kevin Keegan:

"It wouldn't be a disaster if England drew".

:eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Capello = Domenech

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Kiwi_knock wrote: »

No suprise, they are just cheerleaders. Townsend, Southgate and Chiles are an utter embarrassment.

And Clive "Cliche" Tyldsey is a joke.

England playing much higher up this half. Only took them 45 minutes to work it out.

Fizman wrote: »
    Kevin Keegan:

"It wouldn't be a disaster if England drew".

:eek:

LOL

Nonsense, The England job since I've been following football should be one of the easiest jobs, the team piratically picks itself every 2 years, yet every manager I can remember goes out of there way to make a big balls of it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

While the midfield have been terrible i think Heskey has got to be taken off. He gives the ball away more often than not and his first touch is a disgrae for a preofessional footballer. I'd swap him for Cole move SG to behind Rooney and play COle on the left and then get the ball to Rooney.

• Advertisement
Advertisement