Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees for year x????

Options
  • 16-06-2010 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi,Iv just failed 4 modules,one of which was a repeat and i willhave to go into a year x..!Can someone please inform me how much this is likely to cost me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Go to the admin building and they will give you a figure. I would say over 2k as a ballpark figure

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Assuming the registration fees stay the same then:

Fees - 1600
    Repeat Fees - 240 x4 - 960

So your looking at 2560 euro in total.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 UCDHEADER

Thanks,was thinking as much..!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭taz70

There is no such thing as Year X. You simply stay in the stage you are currently in - I'm assuming Stage 1. This means that you will need to pay for your registration, repeat/resit fees, but you will be able to sit Stage 2 modules as well, so you don't spend a year just on four modules.

Once you've reached 50 credits, you will progress to Stage 2 - probably by Christmas if you complete at least two repeats in Semester 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Where do people get this idea of a Year X???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭kneeelix

Year X seems to be jargon used by the school offices. overheard them mention it to students a few times on seperate occasions when making enquiries myself

Advertisement