Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog food airtight tin

Options
  • 16-06-2010 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

My lab is growing, as is her food allowance, so I'm going to have to start buying her big bags of food. I've heard that the kibble goes off fairly quickly so I'm hoping to get an airtight tin. I can't see any in my local pet store, does anyone know where I could get something suitable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Woodies and Atlantic do them!

The bags of food I have gotten (Hills & RC) are re-sealable. I got 15kg of Hills that I keep upstairs, I have a airtight cereal container that I keep in the kitchen that I refill from the big bag when I need to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭i-digress

Thanks a million! I'll try there. I have her on royal canin which reseals, but with a bigger bag I don't want to be opening it every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Just get one of those plastic bins with a lid on it. I put my 15kg into my bin that i got free a couple of years ago and i use that and my food lasts about a month for my dog and its fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Andrea's suggestion is a good one, probably the best value way to go. The ones in Woodies are very good but are about €50, might be best if you sniff around for a 20% off voucher before buying. They have the same ones here on Tesco direct for stg£ 24.99. Not sure if they'll deliver to Ireland.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.207-2952.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭lisar201

i had no idea you need to do this i just have mine in the big bag!better take a trip to woodies!!how much are they

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

The ones in Woodies are very good but are about €50, might be best if you sniff around for a 20% off voucher before buying.

About €50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 oooohhhh yes!!!!

Op have a look around some pet shops as sometimes they give away free bins with the 15kg bags of food. Even if the promotion isn’t on the food that your getting usually if you ask the assistant they will give it to you anyway.
    I have food bins from Purina , Red mills and Royal canin. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Don't know where' you're based OP but we got two of these tall, white cereal boxes in Ikea for a few euro and keep rabbit food in one and dog food in the other. Very handy and tidy away nicely.

0103005_XXXXXXXX_SA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

I bought a big-ish Lock and Look plastic container in Homestore and More and just top it up when its running low!

Advertisement