Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it too late for a PLC this year?

• 16-06-2010 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi guys, Got a letter from one of the IT's saying that i failed the mature interview, so even tho I still have a few other letters to come and I haven't put my name down for a PLC, my question is can I still apply for a PLC starting in September 2010 or is it too late? I need to put plan B into a ready state as soon as possible. Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Contact the FE colleges that have the course you are interested in and ask them will they be doing third round interviews in September. Some may not as there were a lot of applicants for the first and second round, but you might get a waiting list space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Most of em have already done their interviews, but its always worth giving them a call and being nice to them on the phone... they might give you a late interview if they feel you sound like a decent bloke / blokette.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BornToRun88

Not too late, but it does depend on what you're applying for. For it's a popular course, the course may be filled by now. However, i got into a FETAC course in September 2008 and i applied in that month too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

A lot of courses will take people on in August/September when other students pull out after getting CAO places. Always worth getting your name down anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Flashpoint

Ok thanks guys I think I'll give it a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭milkycoffey

I only applied for mine last August and started 2 weeks after.
    They usually do a few rounds of interviews.
    Apply to loads and you'll have no hassle.
    Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Some FEs will continue to take people to 2 weeks into the course.

Advertisement