Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The I.T Crowd - Season 4

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hehehe pedal stool!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

you guys are crazy it was a great episode, Douglas was on top form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Very weak episode. Took about eight minutes before Moss appeared, The IT Crowd is rarely funny anymore when Moss is not on screen.

That bit about Heston Blumenthal's restaurant was very poor, wasn't funny and dragged on too long.

Nice to see Richmond again but I reckon they could have made more of his reappearance.

I liked Reynholm's Heather Mills suit for his divorce hearing. Moss was excellent in the court scene.

To sum up, very patchy.

Graham Linehan summarised his writing process here:
    The way I’ve always written The IT Crowd is the same way we did Father Ted. You get three big set piece moments with loads of gags leading up to and away from them, and as long as you have those three big moments the rest of the episode is just jokes. The big moments are the ones that people will talk about the next day.
    http://www.joe.ie/entertainment/entertainment-features/the-it-crowd-003796-1

I'd have to say that this process is no longer working for the IT Crowd. The first half of some of the episodes are really weak - frankly, the audience will switch over before the set pieces arrive. The team writing plan for the next series has to be worth a try, can't be worse than the last series.

I've loved pretty much everything Graham Linehan has done (Father Ted, Big train, Black Books) but I'm losing faith in The IT Crowd.

And get Moss on screen much more. He is the standout character in this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I thought it was a great episode. Up there with the street Countdown one.

The Pedal Stool and Damp Squip jokes were very funny as was Moss' appearance in the witness box.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

While there were several moments in the series that were very funny, it has ironically been a damp squid overall :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

While there were several moments in the series that were very funny, it has ironically been a damp squid overall :(

I think some of you are putting the first three series on something of a pedal stool. I'll admit there were a couple of poor episodes this time round, but overall it was still pretty funny. The Countdown episode and the "Bad Boys" episode were as good as anything in previous seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

What a random (I know they're all a bit random but this one..) episode!

Countdown ep still best of the season imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭darragh666

Overall I found this series very weak.
    Only two good episodes which were the countdown one and the bad boy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

that is NOT veronica!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

iMax wrote: »
    It's a reworking of Roddy Piper's famous line from "They Live", not original.

Surely it's Duke Nukem 3D no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Surely it's Duke Nukem 3D no?
    Nope.. 'They Live' is a movie from 1988. Duke Nukem 3D was released 8 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

basquille wrote: »
    Nope.. 'They Live' is a movie from 1988. Duke Nukem 3D was released 8 years later.

I don't mean originally but would it not be a more suitable reference for the show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Roll on Peep Show now.

Roll on Peep Show now.
    And 'The Inbetweeners' next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

+ The US Office next month. (Please don't be ****!)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Pretty up and down season. The last one was the worst of the lot; only the presence of Victoria saved it from being dross. I hate Richmond.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm not mad on Richmond either tbh, I only liked him originally because he caused Denholm's face to do this:

denholm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭rfrederick

I hate Richmond.
    Try having to do three people's jobs at once (two front-end support people + Unix admin person) for over a year while being in an office located within a noisy server room. You'll be able to identify with and greatly appreciate Richmond after that. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

We'll be knee deep in clunge then :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

rfrederick wrote: »
    Try having to do three people's jobs at once (two front-end support people + Unix admin person) for over a year while being in an office located within a noisy server room. You'll be able to identify with and greatly appreciate Richmond after that. :p

His stupid voice would still piss me off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I only got around to watching the last episode today on 4od. That was rather ****.

BUMP!

Linehan has confirmed no season 5.. but maybe a special next year.

Maybe it's for the best as the last series was pretty damn awful!
    The IT Crowd's creator Graham Linehan has confirmed that the show will not be returning for a fifth series.

Speaking in an online chat at Reddit, Linehan explained that he wants the comedy to go out on a high.

"I'll say right off the bat... the bad news is no IT Crowd series five," he said.

Responding to questions from fans, Linehan admitted that he would "never say never" to another series but he is "just not feeling it" at the moment.

"[The] chief reason was the fact that I just wasn't looking forward to it the way I used to," he said. "I felt that the last series was a nice strong point to go out on, and anything further might just be running on the spot. You don't do your best work when you're running on the spot."

Linehan continued: "It feels like a natural time to wind things down. Apart from anything else, we're probably reaching that stage where it begins to feel odd that Roy, Jen and Moss are still stuck down in that basement. I don't want to start giving everybody babies to make it feel like they're moving on with their lives. My kind of comedy has always been setpiece-driven... and maybe that kind of thing has a naturally short life."

However, Linehan also revealed that he is planning a special, which will air on Channel 4 next year.

"[It's] a big juicy story with great storylines for all the characters (I think)," he said, adding that he would consider making an IT Crowd film.

"It all depends on whether I come up with a good idea for one," he said. "One good enough to attract all the cast. It needs to deserve to be a film, though. So it's got to be big on all sorts of different levels.

"But even if that doesn't happen, I'm quite interested in the idea of the 'IT Crowd universe'. Like the DC or Marvel Universes. You know, maybe catching up with Bennie Wong as Prime or Douglas's Big Spaceology Wedding... these might end up just being future specials."

Linehan also revealed that he would support a rumoured crossover between The IT Crowd and US sitcom Community.

"Wasn't it something about Moss meeting Abed?" he said. "I don't see why not. [Community] creator Dan [Harmon] is someone I would trust completely with the character."

The IT Crowd, which starred Katherine Parkinson, Chris O'Dowd and Richard Ayoade, was expected to end soon but was widely thought to be getting one last series.

The comedy won a BAFTA in 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'm kind of happysad about this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Better in the long run I reckon - the last series was weak enough, so good to see them quitting before its dragged on for too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I never thought it was particularly funny, found it to be extremely lazy "nerd" humour. The last series though was unutterably awful though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I couldn't even get through the last series, the Countdown episode was absolute gold but that was it. Glad it's ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭clig

For the best indeed the last series was poor but overall I found all seasons to be hit and miss though I have the memory of "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!" forever so I'll always be grateful for that :)

Advertisement