Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The I.T Crowd - Season 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thought it was better than the first two this season
    Better than 'Street Countdown'? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I liked this one better, the opening cult sorry religion video was splendid Berry must get his own tv show. While Roys speech from the dock bought back memories of Oscar Wilde and erm other famous Irishmen in a dock in relation to homosexual activities..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Worst episode of I.T. Crowd ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mcginleyireland

I'm might be skipping this one when I watch the box set on season 4. They weren't nerdy enough tonight. I didn't really like the whole story either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I kind of life the subtle bitchiness thing Moss has going on in this episode.

"It's sort of indescribable".
    "Good."

I wonder if Tom Cruise has a robot hand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 mcginleyireland

Yes, Moss is always good and what we find out about Jen's love life amused me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I thought it was rubbish, too much Jen and not enough Moss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Does anyone know who the masseuse (sp?) was, he looks really familiar.
    And no he didn't kiss me on the bum
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Leeg17 wrote: »
    And no he didn't kiss me on the bum
    :D

He's been in loads of ads, think he's in the Skybet ads that were on a couple of years back, he's been in loads more I can't name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It didnt feel like a classic IT Crowd epsiode. Felt all over the place.

Graham Lineham tweeted after it:
    Ta for kind words on the show. That was our Apollo 13, to be honest. Had to lose the (already filmed) ending on the first day of rehearsal.

This was the original story:
    Moss became band manager after former-manager Roy got kissed on the arse & blitzed on pain pills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭Morgans

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Chris Finch from the UK Office.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I thought it was a very good episode tbh. Better than the first and on par with the 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Morgans wrote: »
    Chris Finch from the UK Office.
    Thank you.. that was wrecking my head too! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭smackyB

I thought it was terrible, such a change from the Countdown episode which I loved. Here's hoping next week's episode is a return to form

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I thought it was easily the best of the three so far. Street Countdown was a big "Meh" from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I liked it, esp as moss seems to have grown a pair this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I thought it was easily the best of the three so far. Street Countdown was a big "Meh" from me.

I liked them both. But I taught the first episode was the best
    The court room scene was, for me, the highlight of the series so far...and whole thing about having to place a face on the area of the ass where he kissed you. My ass is not a canvas and all that. Just brilliant.

I taught Douglas involvement was better then last week, which just seemed to be a one trick pony for him and Jen...the whole secret meeting thing didn't really have the same punch it should have
    On the other hand, Jen's storyline was (for the 3rd time this season) pretty appalling and considering some of the best episodes have been centred around her in the past it just seemed pretty pointless...again, it was a one joke scenario, where she loves the keyboardist because he's in the band....and that's all...and he is otherwise incredibly boring and the storyline goes nowhere.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Yeah, this was by far the worst episode Ive ever seen i think. It was really weak, I was barely cracking a smile throughout. Compared to last weeks which was gold.

The spoiler in heebusjeebus's post which describes how the episode was intended to play out, sounds like it had much more potential.

I think the secret for Linehan is to keep putting Moss in "normal people" situations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

Spoiler: Moss became band manager after former-manager Roy got kissed on the arse & blitzed on pain pills.

Why spoilerise that if we are never going to see it?

Now that would have been great.

What exactly happened to the original story, they lost the filmed ending on the first day of rehearsals, how does that work? :S

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

It does seem that the court scene may have been filler. It was certainly a very long scene by IT crowd standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Isnt it funny how some scenes work so well and others dont. The nightclub scene in last weeks show was off the wall and wasnt grounded in any kind of reality (a chinese guy tutoring Moss in the ways of Street Countdown :P) but it worked really well and was hilarious. While this courtroom scene was just dull, pointless, and despite trying very hard to be funny was very much the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Enjoyed last nites episode. The second one is my favourite so far - hilarious with the window cleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I thought last night's episode was sort of weak, sadly. There were a few funny Spaceology scenes, a few with Jen and the band, and a few about Roy's arse, but none of them really went anywhere and it felt sort of disjointed. Ah well, I enjoyed it anyway and especially liked the diagram in the courtroom!

Oh, and I loved The Final Countdown. One of the best episodes yet, and not just out of Series 4. "It's more or less the same as normal Countdown, except we play it on the street." :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

iMax wrote: »
    It's a reworking of Roddy Piper's famous line from "They Live", not original.]

Parodies are rarely original. It would kind of defeat the purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

Well anyone else here a fan??

Up to the other day I had only seen the odd episode:rolleyes: but have now watched the first series and half the second one on 4od and have to say I'm loving it.
    Planning on watching the rest over the week:D

daz801 wrote: »
    Well anyone else here a fan??

Up to the other day I had only seen the odd episode:rolleyes: but have now watched the first series and half the second one on 4od and have to say I'm loving it.
    Planning on watching the rest over the week:D

My favourite quote from Roy.

"I hope your not questioning my love for my beloved West Ham!"
    "Because I LOVE EM!!!"
    "I LOVE THEM GUNNERS"

A classic line from a classic episode!!!
    the show very good but can sometimes be a little OTT. still watchable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

FFS the thread was on the first page!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

"I'm here to drink milk and kick ass!.....I've just finshed my milk..."

Advertisement