Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The I.T Crowd - Season 4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

phasers wrote: »
    ... Wow, that sucked.

I've never turned off an episode of the IT crowd before, but that one was just so terrible I couldn't make it to the end.

That means you missed the best joke! And you'll never guess what it was!!

I'm not a fan but I actually enjoyed tonights episode.

It's not of the same standard as what I would consider the 'greats' (say Peep Show, The Office, 30 Rock etc), but taken on its own merits, myself and the OH had had about 6 real belly laugh moments, which is more than what you can say for most comedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I enjoyed it. I think some people expect too much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    +1

I enjoyed the episode too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

I thought it was brilliant tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Great episode, loved it! I especially liked the bits with Moss in the arcade... though they missed an opportunity to have Richard Ayaode flail around on DDR, there. :D

"These toys may smell of wee come the morn."

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm relieved that I enjoyed tonight's episode :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Thought tonight's was the best so far this evening... Thought it was hilarious... Back on form...
    The people who didn't like it, I don't think they were watching the same episode as I was - what part didn't you people like?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    what part didn't you people like?
    Put simply - I barely laughed, which I do expect during 'The IT Crowd' and comedies in general. Maybe I expect too much! ;)

The bit with Roy's girlfriend explaining it was funny.. but the whole "fire.. in a Seaparks.. a fire!" was a joke that was funny at the start but went on far too long, especially when explaining to Moss and Jen.

I was hoping for something a little more original than the final scene with Jen's translations.. that's been done before, and better!

The bit with Moss emerging from the toys in the arcade machine gave me a giggle.. but not much else there did!

I definitely didn't laugh or enjoy it as much as 'Street Countdown' which out of the 3 so far, it's the only one I've enjoyed! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I thought it was the best one so far, but given how tired the other ones in the series were, that probably doesn't say a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I forward to every scene that takes place in denham's office. Him, and his father were the shining lights of this programme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Thought that the Italians For Beginners was good enough... Very good first half , not so good second.

I dont like the way that they always write a separate storyline for Jen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I find this series to be very thin on jokes. To be fair I still laugh at it, like the idea of a fire in a seaparks or at Roy explaining what happened when he got a massage. But I think more time needs to be spent on the episodes to fill them out a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

The seaparks stuff was a bit laboured, but I found the other gags hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Thought that the Italians For Beginners was good enough... Very good first half , not so good second.

I dont like the way that they always write a separate storyline for Jen.

+1

There is way to much screen time focused on Jen this season and its just not funny :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Gotta say, chalk up another user who has lost a little faith in this show. It's just not that funny anymore; there's definitely a sense of the writers running out of ideas & it's all a bit forced.

I think one of the previous comments pointed out the lack of minor / side characters in this show to breath a little life into things & they're dead right. I'm sick to death of the same 3 characters (4 if you count Matt Berry's), it's all just a bit too insular.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭rfrederick

syklops wrote: »
    Considering they are obviously running out of material, I am amazed they have not done an IT convention episode yet. They could bring in a wide range of IT geeks as one off charachters to test them on the audience in general, and pick any that stand out to be a recurring charachter.
    Or sponsor a real-world IT convention, such as LISA 2011.

I had hope that the third episode was simply a fluke due to the changes that had to be made in the script, but after yesterday's episode it does seem that the show's going downhill. At this point I'm looking forward to the fact that a team of writers will put together the fifth season, but I do have the fear that it may be too little, too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I liked last Friday's episode. I think the idea of Jen pretending to speak Italian to impress Douglas, then resorting to a translator program given to her by Moss, is genius. Its very inkeeping with what the show is supposed to be about, a sitcom about IT people. I think they should have teased that out more and gotten more laughs from it really. The idea was great, but they didnt make enough of it.

The Seaparks thing was just laboured. It was really a case of flogging a horse which was dead and buried.
    Does anyone else thing the writing for Moss is making him seem to be undergoing a personality change? Its abit inconsistent to the earlier seasons. Moss always seemed to be funny unknown to and inspite of himself. Now he seems to be making knowing references all the time and partaking in banter almost. Of itself its ok, but it seems abit wrong to anyone whose watched the show from Day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Bit of deja vous with Jen and Roy in the playground with their partners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I thought it was better, they need to get out of the basement a bit more though and show some more of the rest of Reynholm Industries I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Ruu wrote: »
    I thought it was better, they need to get out of the basement a bit more though and show some more of the rest of Reynholm Industries I think.

I agree, the women on the 7th floor need more camera time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Venom wrote: »
    +1

There is way to much screen time focused on Jen this season and its just not funny :(

I would also have to agree with this, and her stories are pretty one dimensional and have little point

Writers have seemed to forget about Moss and Douglas a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I would also have to agree with this, and her stories are pretty one dimensional and have little point

Writers have seemed to forget about Moss and Douglas a bit

There is not alot more they can do with Douglas. At least not that I can think of. Jen actively trying to get into a meeting with him is a bit absurd, considering she knows he has the hots for her, and tries at every opportunity to get into her pants. While douglas-centric episodes are always better than Jen-centric episodes, what else can you do with the sex mad head of Renholm industries?

Moss seems to have lost a lot of his eccentricities, and has been behaving out of character. Going to night clubs, sleeping with hot Asian women. Craving an iphone seemed a bit out of character too. Jen should be the one craving an iphone, not Moss.

Jen: Im getting an iPhone today! Im so excited! Have you got one Moss?
    Moss: What would I need an iPhone for? When Im not here at my desk, im at home on my laptop. Why do you want an iPhone?
    Jen:There all the rage right now Moss. And their so pretty! And there are hundreds of apps that do amazing things.
    Moss: Why dont I install an iPhone emulator on your laptop, and you can save the money.
    Jen: But its so pretty too...

^^ That is a more believable Moss + Jen + iphone dialogue. Not moss getting a sudden hankering to get one.

Roy building the scale model of the seaparks. Is that not more something Moss would do? The obsessiveness, the attention to detail etc? The show started out with Roy as the (relatively)confident/normal IT guy, and Moss as the socially awkward nerd. This season they seem to have switched personalities.

On a seperate note. I have watched Jen the Fredo twice, and fell asleep watching it both times. Im not exaggerating, its true. I get as far as the RPG, and then im out like a light. Anyone else experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Jen: Im getting an iPhone today! Im so excited! Have you got one Moss?
    Moss: What would I need an iPhone for? When Im not here at my desk, im at home on my laptop. Why do you want an iPhone?
    Jen:There all the rage right now Moss. And their so pretty! And there are hundreds of apps that do amazing things.
    Moss: Why dont I install an iPhone emulator on your laptop, and you can save the money.
    Jen: But its so pretty too...

^^ That is a more believable Moss + Jen + iphone dialogue. Not moss getting a sudden hankering to get one.

Yeah but it is a free iPhone that he doesn't have to pay Apple for!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Agricola wrote: »
    Does anyone else thing the writing for Moss is making him seem to be undergoing a personality change? Its abit inconsistent to the earlier seasons. Moss always seemed to be funny unknown to and inspite of himself. Now he seems to be making knowing references all the time and partaking in banter almost.

Yes I noticed this alright and what syklops says. He has changed and not for the better as a fictional character, IMO.

This season isn't the best (episode 3 was terrible) - I had expected a bit more with the large gap, but I'll keep watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

On a seperate note. I have watched Jen the Fredo twice, and fell asleep watching it both times. Im not exaggerating, its true. I get as far as the RPG, and then im out like a light. Anyone else experience this?

I liked this episode, personally, and if anything it was one of the better episodes I've seen. I've liked them all to be honest but there are faults evident.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Denholm needs to come back to life! Reanimated by Moss? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭rfrederick

At this point I wish Richmond would come back into the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭BlueNemo

rfrederick wrote: »
    At this point I wish Richmond would come back into the picture.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

BlueNemo wrote: »
    +1

Absolutely. I have searched online but found nothing concrete about whether he will return or not. Richmond and the window cleaner could have been very funny. With Roy it was a bit forced.

Advertisement