Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art History

• 16-06-2010 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Anyone know how long your essay answers should be roughly?
    And any predictions?Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Kavkid

My teacher's been telling us 4 pages w/ sketches. Not sure about any predictions other than Newgrange might come up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Length doesn't matter hugely in art, if you can get four pages of relevant information then go for it, but don't start padding your answer to get to that length. An examiner will reward two pages of relevant bullet points over two pages of information padded out to four pages with waffle and verbose language.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

It doesn't really matter about essay length.. Only if its full of good info on what you are talking about! I wrote about 5 pages on each section for the mocks (1.5 of those were sketches) and I got 136/150! I had realised that I only got marked on the relavent points I made, which would only take up little more than a page! So just make sure you have good info on the question asked and dont worry about length!

As for predictions, I think that newgrange will be up (learn bronze age also just incase), I'd say post impressionism will be up in the european section in one way or another and of course the gallery Q which you probably wouldnt even need to study for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭JamesJB

I'm hoping for:

- Newgrange
    - Leonardo or some early renaissance chap
    - Gallery

If not, I'm not worried anyway since Art definitely isn't going to be in my top 6. My teacher reckons I could get a B in the poster, but I beg to differ. I would say my poster and still life are low B and my life drawing could be in the Higher B area. If my history is immaculate I could get the B1 I got in the mock, if not it's cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jmclee

hi would i be safe just relying on a gallery question for the art appreciation (section 3)? it comes up every year right? we have nothing else...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

jmclee wrote: »
    hi would i be safe just relying on a gallery question for the art appreciation (section 3)? it comes up every year right? we have nothing else...

If it didn't come up you could do one of the other ones ok without studying, it's ususally designing a costume/phone or something you don't need to learn off anything before.

Advertisement