Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fathers day

Options
  • 16-06-2010 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

What are you doing for your dad / partner / having done for you?

My dad has passed away (RIP dad) so I wont be doing stuff for him obviously. :) I'm expecting a nice lie in followed by a relaxing day that ends with a steak the size of my face with a nice glass of red.

Honestly...I look forward to fathers day more than my birthday. :D I'm very excited.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

It's my first one as a dad this year so I'm also looking forward to some pampering.....and steak :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Welcome to the promised land. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'll probably cook the steak myself but Ms. Sleepy will be hard pushed to top last year (my first fathers day) when our daughter bought me a straight edge razor:

RM_98.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Getting my Boyfriend a nice little razor he has had his eye on...
    Im still pregnant and feel a little scared about doing it but baby is due in 3 weeks so i suppose i can relax a bit now..Will make a nice steak dinner for when hes finished work aswell..
    Better than i got for Mothers day..A card i got a few days before had and a nintendo wii games console 2 weeks later .."For me":rolleyes:
    Lol its defo the thought that counts

Swizzles wrote: »
    Better than i got for Mothers day..A card i got a few days before had and a nintendo wii games console 2 weeks later .."For me":rolleyes:

HAHAHAHA.

35563_384x288_generated__XZhM2DGYzEGsiIY+J2JQYw.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

I suppose I better get the kiddo to pick something for dad (my ex).

I've gotten her to do so for every birthday, Christmas and fathers day since we split. The favour has yet to be returned :rolleyes:

I think a handmade card and a nice picture will suffice this year. With LOADS of glitter on it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Funny enough Khannie..Thats what i looked like..Without the cake of course :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

My man will get his steak... his aftershave (he asks for it:)) and a surprise..i might get him the band of brothers box set...if he's good!! moneys tight for this one with me not working...and he's bringing me to paris for our 10th anniversary in aug..and 2 for school uniforms and books blah blah blah... oh and i'll be nice to him for the WHOLE day :D:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My husband will be away until the evening on a stag. I have got a card and a photo mug for him though, hopefully he'll be home before James goes to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

A Day with out the kids to go off to take part in a classic car day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My dad would have been 55 on the 18th but he died last year as for my husband were off to the south of France for 3 weeks so might get him something in the duty free(also happens to be my 30th)

when we get back will be booking a two week all inclusive holiday to Egypt for the 5 of us and my mom( for her60th and to babysit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Seriously? For me I expect absolutely nothing. And I really hope that's what I get. In fact I'll be gone for the bulk of the day doing the Blessington Adventure Race so the kids won't even have a chance to do anything thankfully.

Father's Day is a load of crap. Pure Hallmark holiday- I've absolutely no tolerance for it.

God you're such a crank. I guess that's what happens when you get old Macker. :p;)

oi - I resemble that remark :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Khannie wrote: »
    God you're such a crank. I guess that's what happens when you get old Macker. :p;)

You know how it is some people give up smoking and become right cranky so and sos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Macros42 wrote: »
    Father's Day is a load of crap. Pure Hallmark holiday- I've absolutely no tolerance for it.

I used to ensdorse this.

Then I became a da.

Pressie time. Woot!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

My dad is away for the weekend, wont be back till sunday evening, so I will pop up to see him then. My dad is terrible to buy for so probably a national lottery sweepstakes ticket or two.

I am off camping on saturday night, so my oh will have the 3 kids all to himself for Saturday night and a nice early rise with them on Sunday morning!:D

I have his pressie bought so the kids can give him that on the morning, when I get back he will probably bring his dad out for a pint.

Hope the rest of you have a great fathers day!!

I'm amazed at all this pressie business. Amazed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

My mother and father both died from cancer in 2005, and I still get that horrible sinking feeling when I see the ads for Mother's and Father's day - it hasn't got any easier!

However, my kids are looking forward to it and have made little gifts for my husband. We'll probably go somewhere nice and take advantage of the heatwave at the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

smokingman wrote: »
    It's my first one as a dad this year so I'm also looking forward to some pampering.....and steak :)

Your kid was only born within the year and can cook steak?!! Got yourself one of them child prodigys there!!

• Advertisement

Happy fathers day!

Thaedydal wrote: »
    You know how it is some people give up smoking and become right cranky so and sos.
    Nothing to do with that. I've always been a cranky bastard :p
    stovelid wrote: »
    I used to ensdorse this.

Then I became a da.

I always went along with it. Then I became a Da and rejected it entirely.
    Khannie wrote: »
    Happy fathers day!

Bah Humbug! :P

Had a great day myself. Left the house this morning before anyone awoke. Did the Blessington Adventure Race in 2:41 (approx). Then came home and watched the football. And now I'm watching the US Open. Great day :)

Advertisement